Planer Boards

• LimpFish
    Lino Lakes, Minnesota

Kind of a spin off on my post regarding outriggers…

A number of years ago I switched over from using larger boards (in conjunction with a mast) in favor of in-line boards (Yellow Birds). I miss fighting the fish free of hardware, but sure like the convenience/storage of in-line boards. Also like having the ability to bring an in-line board back to the boat in a hurry should I need to make a quick turn. Curious to see preferences of other big pond trollers out there.

Also looking to buy another set of Yellow Birds, but curious to see if anyone has positive or negative feedback on other brands.

Thanks,

Jim

><(((>

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

I started out fishing with boards years ago with the Willie brand boards back in the early 90s but now I use the Offshore brand boards and like them. The bodies of water I use them on are alot smaller than what you are fishing but they work fine.

Thanks, Bill

shew
    East Bethel, Minnesota

Depending on your boat size number of lines out and how the fish are biting, you can set the boards up to drop off and then swing around and pick them up. We have often put the yellow bird in the boat before we got the fish in. Really depends on how you are set up. and if you have eyes to watch out ahead of you eyes to watch the bird help the guy with the fish. send me a PM I can shoot you my number we can chat or meet also. Either way. Good luck.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.