Steelhead & Salmon near Manitowac

• mac5

Have the steelhead and salmon been biting along the rivers that connect to Lake Michigan near Manitowoc, WI?

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

daredevil:

They are really just getting into the rivers down here over the past two weeks to ten days. I am in the Kenosha/Racine area. I would start to get ready as it will be happening soon.

Mark

sgt._rock
    Rochester, MN

Talked to my nephew the other day and he got a nice limit of browns from the pier heads south trolling in shallow water.

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

Rock:

Where’s your nephew at???

Mark

mac5

Anywhere off shore you can go?

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

daredevil:

Rock said it pretty well. At this time there are a lot of fish to be contacted along the shallow shorelines. We have been running plugs and spoons in 10-25 feet of water. If you have any entry where streams enter the lake or there is a hot water outlet or even the water discharges from the public sanitary works. All of these types of water will be warmer than the lake water and should hold fish.

Mark

sgt._rock
    Rochester, MN

Mark: He lives in Manitowoc. I grew up there but have been gone for 25 years.
    Sure miss the big pond and the big fish.

sgt._rock
    Rochester, MN

Mark you said it. Anywhere a stream or water enters the lake ie: power plant discharge can be good. Years ago I lived in a pair of waders and wandered the shoreline catching spring fish. Combinations of spoons and shallow diving cranks always produced.

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

Rock:

I got hammered pretty hard, lost a couple of key people and now am going to end up working most every day until I get them replaced. Hopefully it ends up making a good situation only better. My brother is almost finished with the tax season and hope he comes down. Will try to get out and if we do this next Monday, hope to post.

Mark

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.