Methodist – Frontenac – Too Close of a Call for Kids and Others

• jimmysiewert

I pray for the best. Airboat is on way back out after bringing in 3 kids so far and put in ambulance. From what we know so far ages 8 to teenagers.

LabDaddy1

I have not heard about this, but have seen a few guys on here predicting it would happen. Sad, sad situation. Hoping for the best.

Dan
    Southeast MN

Living in the area maybe I hear more from chatter at work but it seems like this winter has been out of control with all the vehicle/people going through the ice. I had more I wanted to say but with how fresh this is I’ll stick with what LabDaddy1 said and hope for the best for all involved.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

That is awful, hope every one made it out OK.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

Here’s an interesting fact for IDO that applied all winter in MN.

Springs are pushing out water that fell from the sky 4 years ago. If you remember 2018 was a very wet year. Springs were high flow this winter as a result. You should’ve seen high spring flow all year.

The only reason the sippi wasn’t low this winter coming from a drought year was the spring water flow which fell as rain in 2018.

To understand springs look back 4 years. To forecast springs, look forward 4 years.

toast

3Rivers

“The Goodhue County Sheriff’s Office says deputies along with members of the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources and the Lake City fire and ambulance crews were called to Lake Pepin shortly after 5:30 p.m. after a caller said six adults and three kids were stranded on the lake.

When crews arrived, they entered the ice from the Maiden Rock, Wis., landing, then used airboats to reach the nine people and bring them to shore.

The sheriff’s office says nobody was injured.”

Coletrain27

so they didnt actually fall through?

jimmysiewert

Listen here Coletrain. If you knew half the crap that was going on last night up there you would not be LMAO. You think it matters that they didn’t actually go in the water? You know how close kids, as young as 8 years old almost went into the water? You think those kids won’t be traumatized for years to come going through what they went through? You know how close of a call it was? You think it is funny that many emergency responders, were out searching for people, in the dark, with snow and wind? You should be ashamed of making this a LMAO.
    And as an FYI. My family and loved ones live right above Methodist and we happen to know the dangers.
    The locals (including my family) were having open dialogue with rescuers during the whole thing. I passed on what we were told. As for the parents bringing their kids out onto that ice in the condition, they should be charged with child endangerment!

Ripjiggen

Well I for one am glad it ended the way it did. Kudos to the sheriffs department.

Coletrain27

Listen here Coletrain. If you knew half the crap that was going on last night up there you would not be LMAO. You think it matters that they didn’t actually go in the water? You know how close kids, as young as 8 years old almost went into the water? You think those kids won’t be traumatized for years to come going through what they went through? You know how close of a call it was? You think it is funny that many emergency responders, were out searching for people, in the dark, with snow and wind? You should be ashamed of making this a LMAO.
    And as an FYI. My family and loved ones live right above Methodist and we happen to know the dangers.

im laughing at the title of this how things get so blown out of proportion here sometimes before the real story even comes out. and now i see you changed the title… obviously i dont want kids to fall through the ice and am glad everyone is safe.

jimmysiewert

There – I changed it for you Coletrain to appease you. I will chew out everyone that passed on information that was given to them in – in person last night.

But no “sorry’s” from me. People were stupid enough to STILL go out there, even this morning. If I stopped one from doing so – I stand tall.

Coletrain27

If me laughing at a title makes you that mad then I’m not sure what to tell ya. Yes people are stupid for going out there every year and this happens every year in the same spot. Can’t fix stupid

jimmysiewert

Picture today of recovering items

Attachments:
    1. 7B05716B-19C9-4521-A59C-60B1CB9D9A83.jpeg

AK Guy

Thanks for the photos. Bad decision, especially with kids involved.

Gitchi Gummi

it’s one thing to break thru the ice but it doesn’t even look like they were on any ice. were they waterskipping?

jimmysiewert

I will have to ask Wayne (guy with crane) and find out if they were THAT far north? Or if that’s where they ended up. If they were that far north – that is just PURE craziness

big_g
    Isle, MN

the old 185S in action !!! peace

Outdraft
    Western Wi.

The wind shifted

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Tow traffic is said to be working our way, possibly by this weekend.

Time to start using the boats.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.