Merc alarm for motor too high

• Peter Teteak

I have a 40hp Merc that has an alarm to indicate my motor is.too high, the problem is it goes off until my motor is completely down, does anyone know how.to disconnect this?

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Too high? Whats it alarm sound like? Get me some F’in funyons and blue mountain dew slushy immediately!!!!

Peter Teteak

Nice, if the motor is to high, possibly out of the water there is a high pitched alarm, mine goes off until the motor is all the way down, makes it tough if I need to raise my motor in shallow water…too much Columbian?

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Bad joke was all I got, sorry

I’d venture a guess and imagine a wire could be disconnected somewhere and the problem goes away.

Iboats.com and marinenegine.com forums are very good.

One

Did you check engine oil.?

blackbay
    mn

That is either for low water pressure or over heal. Disconnect it and you won’t have to worry about the sound. The engine will stop running,

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

blackbay is probably right.I don’t think theres any need to get testy.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Peter I most likely found your issue after some googling now I’m not at work, coupled with my novice mechanic work I am confident on a couple easy checks.

And since it’s a holiday weekend without much help online to begin with, I’d like an apology first then maybe I’ll fill ya in, until then this moron says kiss our @$$. moon grin

Bryan Myers

Is it an oil injected 2 stroke? Or is it a 4 stroke? I have seen lots of the sensors in the oil tanks fail and it’s possible that at a negative trim angle it could allow the switch to shut off.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Is it an oil injected 2 stroke? Or is it a 4 stroke? I have seen lots of the sensors in the oil tanks fail and it’s possible that at a negative trim angle it could allow the switch to shut off.

We were trying to squeeze out an apology first Bryan devil

munchy
    NULL

What a great forum this is, morons

I see you just joined us. If you take a simple joke or two so personally you call us morons, internet forums probably aren’t your thing. What do you expect asking for free help online? You’re going to get the random guy with bad jokes, a troll or two, or someone who just offers bad advice. (Not saying anyone here is a troll or giving bad advice)[no comment on the bad jokes grin ]

Professional answers typically cost money, feel free to venture that route.

slipbob_nick
    Princeton, MN

Could skip fishing and go onto forum to ask for advice and call people morons. Alarm won’t go off if the boat isn’t running.

bullcans
    Northfield MN

I have a 40hp Merc that has an alarm to indicate my motor is.too high, the problem is it goes off until my motor is completely down, does anyone know how.to disconnect this?

I wouldn’t disconnect it. Check your oil reservoir on the motor head to make sure the tank is completely filled to the top. If there is any gap of air in there, typically to alarm will go off especially when tilted.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.