Lake Menomin

• kizew
    Dallas, WI

Our bass club has it’s first tournament of the year on Menomin on May 8th. I bought a lake map today and was really impressed!! I have lived in the Barron area for 8 years now and Chetek is so close I have been stuck on it!
    I moved here from the La Crosse area and spent every spare minute on pools 7 and 8, so when I saw that map it looked a little bit like the backwater area near Goose Island.
    I am so excited for ice out now that I can hardly stand it!!

Don Hanson

Welcome aboard, Menomin can produce some nice weights for both smallies and largemouth. For being a small lake, it offers a variety of habitat to hold the biguns. Which bass club are you a member of?

coot
    North Central Wisconsin

As Don mentioned, Menomin can be very good producer of both small and largemouth bass. In fact, Menomin is one of my favorite bass lakes in the area. Even though I consider myself an ‘eye guy, I enjoy chasing those green & bronze carp (just teasing, LOL) around Menomin. Good luck in your tourney, May will be here before you know it!

Don Hanson

coot you dog ! 2.5ft of ice and your flashin up those summertime bass photos. Here are a couple of cpr from Menomin.

kizew
    Dallas, WI

Thanks guys!! I really needed to see some summer pictures – geeeeez. I was excited enough!! Seriously, I am really glad I stumbled upon this site – everyone seems to be on the same page or at least in the same book as far as the outdoors addiction.
    Keep Warm!!!

coot
    North Central Wisconsin

Glad you guys liked the pics! I have a few more, but won’t tempt you with them right now, wait till cabin fever really sets in. We’re glad you found the site also kizew. Always good to have a few more people to share the “addiction” with!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.