Trout in Menomin?

• stretchout
    Menomonie, WI

I was out for a few hours yesterday afternoon…and was shocked to catch a brown trout. It was just a little guy, about 10″, but it took a moment for it to even register. I guess with Wilson Creek its possible, but my first thought was it sure was a strange looking perch.

Beyond that…pretty slow. A couple perch and small gills, and one short ‘eye. Sure didn’t feel warm with that raw wind.

If I’m counting correctly, I think that’s species #10 for me out of Menomin…certainly not was I was expecting.

85lund
    Menomonie, WI

Beats the hell out of a 3″ white bass huh? That is very interesting that they are in the lake. I wouldn’t assume they would be enjoying our stained water. I was over near Kamps yesterday afternoon for a while and hit a few crappies. They wanted the ratfink and minnow at least 4 ft off the bottom. The the lines would shoot up off the bottom like rockets. I had the LX-5 zoomed in 2-7 feet off the bottom.

docfrigo
    Wisconsin

That’s pretty cool! I know it is fairly common to catch them below the dam in the Red Cedar in the winter as they drop down from the smaller streams to winter in bigger water but the lake–that is an odd ball.

wmahnke
    Eau Claire, WI

not really that shocking their are plenty of trout streams and creeks coming in to the red we get them on eau claire and altoona once in awhile to and not just in the winter

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.