Pretty Quiet in here…

• Pete Bauer
    Stillwater, MN

Doc, Don, Woody, Mr Leineman Greene, Stretchout? It’s been pretty quiet in here guy’s, who’s all been out lately?

I was out for a while Saturday AM with Don, we got into a few fish going vertical with leeches but nothing picture worthy. I did catch about a 4lb channel cat, just a few days after I got done tellin the Wissota guy’s that I never catch cat’s on Menomin

Now that I have my new place situated and a spot to keep my boat, I should be over almost every weekend for the next couple months until late August, and then I should be on the water almost daily. Hoping that the spinner rig bite will kick in soon!

Let’s keep some conversation going in here, and try to keep the Menomin bobber turned red in the WI forums.
    I mean even though the lake turns bright green, there are still fish in there… right guy’s???

Pete

bts
    Centuria, Wi.

I guess everybody’s fishin’

stretchout
    Menomonie, WI

Not enough hours in the day…

I got out for about an hour last night as the rain was starting, first time in a while. 4 walleyes and a bass in that time, but everything short. Better than getting wet with nothing to show…

docfrigo
    Wisconsin

Been on the river prefishing for the Port of Call, but reports thru the local pipeline have been more good than bad.

Jeremy

leinieman
    Chippewa Valley (Dunnville Bottoms)

I’ve been busy with setting up the Gypsy Moth traps and now its time to head to Lake Mich. Catch ya when I get back.
    Steve

Pete Bauer
    Stillwater, MN

Quote:

I’ve been busy with setting up the Gypsy Moth traps and now its time to head to Lake Mich. Catch ya when I get back.
    Steve

Did ya get that little Lund out on the water yet??

leinieman

Nope you want to try it out?
    Steve

Pete Bauer
    Stillwater, MN

Quote:

Nope you want to try it out?
    Steve

Hey we can run it through the paces! Maybe we should bring it down to Dead Lake, or is it too late in the year for that?

docfrigo
    Wisconsin

The lake is greening up fast this year, back bays are becoming unbreathable. Another great reason for finding a main lake trolling bite.

leinieman

Yep too late for that one. Maybe it will be a late September boat. I don’t like the green time fishing in Menomin. Maybe a lake Pepin try out sometime or ? Heading back to Algoma and Lake Mich this weekend. Got to catch some salmon.
    Steve
    Steve

Pete Bauer
    Stillwater, MN

I agree Doc, main lake trolling can really be great when the lake is green. Especially because people like Leineman don’t like fishing it that time of year….

Good luck on the Salmon Steve, be sure and report back

docfrigo
    Wisconsin

Quick trip last night. At the last minute snuck out on the lake for couple trolling passes. Ended up with 2 walleyes, 3 northerns, perch and whitebass. Many fish marked, but very high in the water column, so switched up to bent lipped shad raps with 100 feet of line-bingo, fish on. Flicker shads run 35 feet back worked too. No size, but nice to see the rod bend never the less. Speeds were fast, at approx. 3 mph. The main lake is beautiful with 5 feet of water clarity, but DO NOT GO BY THE BAYS!!!!!!!! that stuff has to be poisonous.

Pete Bauer
    Stillwater, MN

That’s a good sign! Did ya happen to catch what the water temp was?

docfrigo
    Wisconsin

Surface temp. was 81 in the main lake, but that is end of the day surface temp. Not surprising with the weather we have been having.

leinieman

Yep, I figure you can have the lake in the summer, I like it in the fall the best. Going to head over to Lake Mich tomorrow am. I’ll post how we do on the Lake Mich forum. With a few weeks off should be able to catch a few.
    Steve

stretchout
    Menomonie, WI

I’m taking a break from the Green and hitting Wissota when I get a chance. Have had a couple unbelievable outings last Sat and again this afternoon…putting in great numbers and better size today on the walleyes.

Pete Bauer
    Stillwater, MN

Quote:

Surface temp. was 81 in the main lake, but that is end of the day surface temp. Not surprising with the weather we have been having.

81 Degree surface temps! When I started this thread on the 17th, just 2 weeks ago we have low 60’s for temp. Talk about a jump!

Leinie, Good Luck over in Algoma!

Strech, Good to hear about Wissota. This fall it’s my goal to make it out over there at least a few times. I’m going to have to go pester Sully and Halfen

stretchout
    Menomonie, WI

Why wait ’til fall? It sure feels like October now!

I’m hoping to get back over to Wissota later in the week once my schedule and the weather stabilizes a bit. See if we cab top 3 overs in a couple hours, and all the slot fish you care to catch….

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.