Pete, have you been out on the river?????

• docfrigo
    Wisconsin

Ok, Pete. I know they are catching fish like gangbusters down below the dorm, but where is your river report????

Pete Bauer
    Stillwater, MN

As a matter of fact I have been…

With that wind today and the current absolutly rushing it made fishing tough. I’ll be in and out of Menomonie until next week but then I’ll be fishing it ‘full-time’. Give me a buzz and lets get out there

Don? Woody? leinieman? You too…

leinieman
    Chippewa Valley (Dunnville Bottoms)

Ok I was down below the dorms this morning catching a few crappies but if anyone is hitting the river give me a shout. I have been recently laid off and I’m exploring new opportunities for changing careers so have a little time to fish. Anyone make any pickled northeren lately.
    Steve

Don Hanson

You should have giving me a holler, I would have joined you for some crappie fishin.

Pete Bauer
    Stillwater, MN

Quote:

Anyone make any pickled northeren lately.

The northern should be ready

Were you getting into any Crappies below the dorms on that ice? Sure a lot of people down there, but from what i’ve herd, since the crowds got thick the fish really scattered and the size has dropped

Looks like the ice is going fast, Don did you ever see if the Chip still has ice on it?

leinieman

Dang. Yep Mike called me the night before, I should have given you a shout from the lake. Sorry bud. Are the dogs ready for the field trials?

leinieman

The road to the Chippewa was very muddy and I didn’t want to risk getting stuck but will let you know this weekend how the river is. I’ll take my bike down the bike trail if its ridable or maybe go for a long walk. Not sure how many inches they were but kept a limit for a fish fry. Did best once we drilled holes away from other folks.

Pete Bauer
    Stillwater, MN

Okay, with this rain we have to be hurting that ice.

I’m sure I’ll get out on the Red Cedar this week, i’ll be sure and report back.

I’ve got that itch for open water

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.