Megabass destroyer f3-611xs landsat or f3.5-72xs windbuster for my uses?

• Kenny B

So i fish walleye and bass and 80% of the time im using various rapalas or flicker shad. Originals, shads, scatter rap, xrap etc. Most of them are 3/16 oz. With the heaviest being a 7/16 xrap. However i do like using live crawfish and rapala jigging rap 7 and 9s. Which are 5/8 to 7/8 oz. Im torn between getting a destroyer windbuster which is a 7’2 medium-mod fast with a lure rating of 1/4 to 5/8 oz. Or a 6’11 611xs medium light-fast with a lure rating of 1/16 to 3/8 oz. I realize if i want to get into jigging raps ill likely need a second pole eventually. Idk how much live crawfish weigh and how well theyd work on the 611xs, but at the same time i feel since i mostly use rapalas and shads a 3/16 in the middle of the range and pushing just a hair above on a 7/16 xrap on a 611 would be better than slightly below range on the windbuster the majority of the time im fishing. However the action and rating on the windbuster might handle live bait better and may even be able to handle pitching out a 7/8 jigging rap. Covering all bases, though im not sure i really want to go outside of ratings on a nice pole. Atm i use a Shimano zodias medium-fast

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

The windbuster is the one I’d vote for. But honestly If it were me I wouldn’t buy either and I’d go a different route. Very nice rods, but I think there is way better options for less cost. The medium light will leave alot to be desired with throwing cranks.

Kenny B

Yeah, the thing is i can get them half off however

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Yeah, the thing is i can get them half off however

Well then I’d buy them both.

CBMN
    North Metro

I got a deal on the addermine and windbuster late last year so I have spent very little time with them. From your description I think I would go windbuster but both are in deed good rods for you price/discount. Both is a good option also…

Kenny B

I got a deal on the addermine and windbuster late last year so I have spent very little time with them. From your description I think I would go windbuster but both are in deed good rods for you price/discount. Both is a good option also…

Yeah im starting to lean that way. However, i think im set on getting a second rod later this year now for jigging raps and live bait, because the medium light is too light and the moderate action aint as great for live bait and jigging raps. So im really just looking for a rapala rod now, I feel the rapalas will load better on the medium light, but feel the action will be better on the medium.

Loomis13
    NULL

Look at the Daiwa Steez “The One”. Its 7’6″ though.

Kenny B

That does look enticing but real expensive and would rule out getting two rods. I know a 7/8 jigging rap isnt much over the 3/4 rating of that rod, but would you trust that on a 600 dollar rod? And yeah 7’6 is pretty long

Loomis13
    NULL

Im getting mine shortly, and I will let you know. Most reviews I have read say it handles the high end of the range better than the low end.

when you want a rod just for Rapalas Id give this a look. Being 7’6″ allows you to move a lot of line with a rod snap. Also the more moderate will give you some forgiveness with those small hooks.

Kenny B

Im getting mine shortly, and I will let you know. Most reviews I have read say it handles the high end of the range better than the low end.

Yeah mostly id be doing 3/16th which would be on the low end. Its really just jigging raps i do higher

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Loomis13 wrote:</div>

That does look enticing but real expensive and would rule out getting two rods. I know a 7/8 jigging rap isnt much over the 3/4 rating of that rod, but would you trust that on a 600 dollar rod? And yeah 7’6 is pretty long

If you can’t push a 600 dollar rod, then it ain’t worth 6 bills. I have thousands in rods and push them to the military when needed, which I usually have 12 rods at a time in my boat but you never know.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Sucks to say out loud or think how much fishing gear I might actually have. It’s a problem

Kenny B

when you want a rod just for Rapalas Id give this a look. Being 7’6″ allows you to move a lot of line with a rod snap. Also the more moderate will give you some forgiveness with those small hooks.

Im thinking im going to get this as a do everything rod. Shads, original floaters, live bait and jigging raps. How competitive would you say this is with a nrx?

Kenny B

I went with the daiwa. Omnia has 20% off storewide right now. Thanks for the suggestion

Loomis13
    NULL

I hope I didnt lead you astray! I have only handled the rod in store. But the finish and craftsmanship I would say are better than the NRX. The rod used carbon guides which makes it real light for a 7’6″ rod. Most of what I have read is that the sensitivity isnt quite on par with the NRX, but Ill have a better feel of that myself in a couple weeks. I dont think you will have a problem throwing 3/16 on that rod.

Let me know how you like it!

brandmoney

How does one acquire such a megabass discount? )

Kenny B

How does one acquire such a megabass discount? )

Well that”megabass discount” was actually jdm xD

CBMN
    North Metro

How does it compare to what model Nrx? I I have and 872S NRX+ and that is not really a comparison to the windbuster as the NRX is much faster and maybe a bit more powerful. I also purchased a Steeze 7’6″ spinning late last year and have not used it enough either, but also different than the other two rods mentioned. Brian from PunchFishing (local MN Metro bass guy) on Youtube just put up a nice review of Steeze “the one” rod.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.