meat slicers

• glenn57
    cold spring mn

my meat slicers went Kaput. as expected the plastic gear inside is wore to the point it wont spin the blade.

anyone got any experience with the LEM 8 1/2 inch slicer???? looking at the Runnings site they have one for a $120.00!!!

dont use one often but a great toy to have around!!!!!

deertracker

I don’t remember if I have the 7.5 or 8.5 but I really like mine.
    DT

glenn57
    cold spring mn

I don’t remember if I have the 7.5 or 8.5 but I really like mine.
    DT

waytogo waytogo thats what i’m looking to hear!!!!!!

deertracker

Just looked mine up. I have the Mighty Bite 8.5. I’ve had no issues with it.
    DT

Iowaboy1

I have a larger LEM slicer that works fantastic, the only thing I dont like about it is you cant cut long pieces of meat like bacon on it.
    If they would have made the tray slides longer it would be perfect.
    I own a lot of LEM products and no complaints with any of them other than what I mentioned with the slicer.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Just looked mine up. I have the Mighty Bite 8.5. I’ve had no issues with it.
    DT

so would that one be built better then the 7 1/2????? from what i can see ita alittle over a hundred bucks more!!!!!! not sure i need one that big for what i do!!!!!!

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

The price difference will relate to the blade size vs how it’s built. Check the hp of the motor also. A 8 1/2″ will handle a larger chunk of meat than a 7 1/2″

Coletrain27

i looked them up online and the regular 8.5″ model is only rated 3/5 on lems website. alot of people complain about it not having enough power and very slow

jbg1219
    NW Iowa

Depends on what you are slicing and how fast you want to slice it. I have had the same thing that Runnings has on sale, only it is branded as cabelas. I have owned it for close to decade and it handles all the partially frozen goose breasts I slice for jerky. I cut the 10 pound tubes of hamburger after partially freezing them into patties for the grill and I buy ham that I slice up for lunch meat myself. We have even used it to slice cucumbers when making pickles from the garden. It has handles all of that and does not show signs of slowing down yet. It will probably shell out next time I use it now, and I will buy another just like it.

Henpecked

I have an 8.5-inch LEM 200 watt and it’s been a solid machine. I just don’t use it anymore so was thinking of selling it. Cannot compare it to others as it’s the only one I’ve owned.

JEREMY
    BP

I have the 10″ 1/2 hp version. Its awesome but needs longer swing. 10″ but only goes about 8 1/2″ back and forth. You aint getting that one for 120 bucks.

rkd-jim
    Fountain City, WI.

I have a larger LEM slicer that works fantastic, the only thing I dont like about it is you cant cut long pieces of meat like bacon on it.
    If they would have made the tray slides longer it would be perfect.
    I own a lot of LEM products and no complaints with any of them other than what I mentioned with the slicer.

I also have an 8.5″ and if you look under th carriage there are different adjustments for a longer stroke. I don’t know if it would be enough adjustment to handle bacon without cutting it in half. I have been doing that since I started making my own bacon and as I was cleaning up the slicer this last time, I noticed the adjustment. Haven’t tried it yet but worth looking into.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

This one gets good reviews. Beswood 10″

Denny O
    Central IOWA

Glen this is my 8-1/2″ LEM Big Bite meat slicer.
    BIG BITE

Denny O
    Central IOWA

Check out their whole line up!
    LEM Slicers

This is from the LEM website under Questions and answers.

The 8.5 professional meat slicer gears is plastic or metal?
    Doug Dec 3, 2015
    Best Answer: This unit is belt-driven with no gears.

Liz at LEM ProductsDec 3, 2015ReplyInaccurate
    ———————————————

Under the Specs it says five year manufacturers warranty. In the questions it says two years. Can you clarify, please?
    DaveK Nov 23, 2017
    Best Answer: The warranty on this model was recently upgraded to 5 years. Apologies for any confusion.

David at LEM ProductsNov 27, 2017ReplyInaccurate
    ——————————–

The lesser expensive non professional slicers are nylon gears and gear driven.

JEREMY
    BP

Even comes with a spare belt and built in blade sharpener.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Glen this is my 8-1/2″ LEM Big Bite meat slicer.
    BIG BITE

Denny, thanks for the phone conversation…..holy hanna thats a big

slicer. not sure i need one that big.

in your second post i kinda liked the one for 250……cant recall the name though. i need to do some shopping.

about all i use it for is to slice 10-15 lbs of venison for jerky, maybe a boneless ham no and then and summer sausage occasionally!!!! i’m in no hurry!

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

For light duty meat slicing that you guys do these will be fine. Just don’t try and slice a block of cheese into slices.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

yesterday i went window shopping at Runnings. i looked at the 8 1/2 slicer, but this 200 watt thing threw me off. i dont no much about watts/volts stuff. not a fan of playing with electricity.

does a 200 watt plug int o a 110 outlet???? if this is a stupid question….sorry!!

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Yes it should be a normal outlet. You should be able to find a picture of the plug online.

CaptainMusky

Yes watts is power output not what it takes to run it. Its dumb how some companies rate them in HP while others rate them in watts.

James Almquist

Watts is just a measure of power. I can’t forget PIE or I should say P=IxE were power is P or Watts and I is amps and E is voltage. The unit will draw 1.8 amps at 110 volts which is nothing compared to a coffee pot or toaster. Can’t say I didn’t learn a thing in my basic electricity class.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

thanks guys…think i’ll be buying the next time i’m at runnings!! waytogo waytogo

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Meat slicer works wunnerful. waytogo has a regular on/off switch and a dial that clicks in place for setting thickness!! waytogo I like it!

Attachments:
    1. IMG_20230323_151440782-scaled.jpg

Iowaboy1

When I was 16 I worked for Fareway in the meat department.
    They fired me for sticking my finger in the meat slicer,they fired her too.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

When I was 16 I worked for Fareway in the meat department.
    They fired me for sticking my finger in the meat slicer,they fired her too.

bawling shock rotflol rotflol

Only you!!

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.