Marcum Showdown 5.6 Dual Beam

• Jake Anderson
    SD

New to the site and I am thinking about purchasing a MarCum Showdown 5.6 Dual Beam flasher. How is this flasher? Quality? How good does it work compared to other flashers?
    Thanks,
    Jake

AaronMoore

I’m not sure how the new ones work but I did own a old one. It would blow a fuse every other trip (had a little baggie of them with me at all times). It works ok, but I went with a vex in the end. Gave it to my father-in-law but he got tired of it and got a hummingbird. Good luck and tight lines

Amos
    Perry, Michigan

I’ve had several Vexilars, (I update from time to time) and have never had a problem.

hamms
    Mn

Put a 5 amp fuse in. Plug charger into unit then into the wall should solve blowing fuse.

Fisherpaul

I’ve had mine going on the second year now. I love it. It works great. Easy to ready and doesn’t break the bank. I’d get another one in a minute! Father in law has a Vex FL-18 and Mine has better target separation and zoom than his. When I got it last year he started asking me what I was seeing on mine it works so good.

Wharf Rat
    Mahtomedi

I have a Troller 2.0 and while I realize these two are not the same I think one of the other Marcum models like the VX-1 or the LX-3 offer better features for almost the same price. I recently bought an LX-3 and now I almost never use the Troller.

John Shear
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Wife wanted a flasher a few years ago but didn’t understand how to interpret the round dials. So I got her a Showdown 5.6 off Ebay and she likes that a lot. It has very good resolution and built-in heater so the LCD is quite responsive. The only reason I don’t use it is I like color so I have an LX-5.

John

Kent Tau

I actually need color.. I couldn’t identify anything with black and white. My bro in law praised his shodown so much, but after seeing me catching fish and a glimpse of my lx7 he was amazed. Im sure he regrets buying not only 1 but 2 now.

Andy Groskreutz
    Minnesota

They fixed the fuse issue. I brought my older one into Marcum and they replaced a cable harness and no more blown fuses. So if you have an older one ask customer service about it they will take care of you. It’s a great unit at a great price. I sold mine only because I prefer the dial style.

Gregg Pfeifer
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Save your money and buy a Showdown Troller. What matters is seeing catchable fish responding to your presentation and the Troller does that well for the price. Heck buy 2 so you can take a kid or a buddy and it’ll be money well spent. I’ve been using nothing but my Troller for 3 years now and can catch as many fish or more than the guys with me with the flashy flashers.

Fisherpaul

I actually need color.. I couldn’t identify anything with black and white. My bro in law praised his shodown so much, but after seeing me catching fish and a glimpse of my lx7 he was amazed. Im sure he regrets buying not only 1 but 2 now.

You can’t compere these two. The 7 is ten times the unit and cost more. I’m fished with my friends and if I could have swung the price I’d have one.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.