Marcum Recon 5 camera – Water/condensation in lens??!!

• Chad Luebker
    Annandale, MN

Hello –

I have a Marcum Recon 5 underwater camera and the lens has water/condensation inside of it. Obviously it’s out of warranty and yes I have brought it inside to warm up with no luck. Any easy fix or am I out of luck???

Thanks,

Chad

Adam Steffes

I would suggest either trapping it in an enclosed environment like a bag with desiccant or in a tub with bulk dry rice to get the moisture out. Once the moisture is out, making sure it doesn’t get back in while being 25’ down in the water will be a monumental challenge.

mojo

What MarCum has done to themselves is shameful. They rose up and grabbed market share from huge corporations like Lowrance, Humminbird and Vexilar with their innovation and strong customer service, and did it in a short time. And just as quickly they stopped caring about the customers and have put their quality on the fast track to crap. Even on their best day they are not any better than the Chinese made junk from Amazon in value. I would feel bad for them, but they’ve done it to themselves. I do feel bad for customers who won’t know about the change until it’s too late.
    I was told by MarCum that the camera and cable are not user-replaceable, so it’s unlikely you’ll get the Recon to stay clear of moisture.

Gary

My recon 5 works perfectly in my house and it’s a fun toy for the grandkids.

When I try using it for its intended purpose on the ice (in the cold) all I get is the blue death screen.

I will never buy another marcum product. Buyer beware and they don’t care.

Chad Luebker
    Annandale, MN

My recon 5 works perfectly in my house and it’s a fun toy for the grandkids.

When I try using it for its intended purpose on the ice (in the cold) all I get is the blue death screen.

I will never buy another marcum product. Buyer beware and they don’t care.

I agree. I own 2 Marcum LX7’s and will continue using them but I am not buying another Marcum product moving forward.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.