Marcum Pan Cam

• smokinbobo
    Monticello / Guthrie, MN

Last year there seemed to be quite a bit of chatter about the quality of the Pan Cam and its ability to pan properly, etc. Anyone know whether Marcum made any upgrades to the design for this year?

Bryan Myers

Yes Marcum did update the gear system on the Pan Cams for this season to make sure to eliminate any issues that some had with the Panner.

Brennon Nielson

Anyone have experience with the WiFi pancam? Been thinking I want one

Captainpaddlefoot
    Green Bay

I have had one since it came out.

I have been very happy with it.

I have mine teamed up with my iPad. I use a ram mount clamped to the handle of my Humminbird 55. I will use my iPhone as the remote control or when I venture out and away from my shanty.

zipdogfishing
    Utah

The update is good to know about. I really wanted to try one last year but I kept hearing more negative things than positive. I’m still really interested in it though and want to give it a shot.

I have had one since it came out.
    I have mine teamed up with my iPad.I will use my iPhone as the remote control or when I venture out and away from my shanty.

Just wondering how long your battery lasts on your apple products? That’s what I’d be using.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I was one of the 1st people to own one, promptly returned it after a few outings…The quality of recorded video sucks, everything is made out of plastic so be careful not to drop it when cold, TBD if the new panner parts will hold up, wifi range is nowhere close to what they advertise… The idea is a good one, the hardware & software are just not there yet… It would be nice if they made it so the camera cord auto-retracted back into the case, rolling it up/out by hand is a pita…

wgorby
    Greenville, Michigan

Dug out my PanCam that I purchased last year yesterday to make sure everything is working and also to entertain my 3-year old daughter. I got a new phone recently so I re-downloaded the app to my new Samsung Note 4. After entering the wifi password the connect button does not “activate” and the cancel button is spelled wrong (cannel). Come to find out I’m not the only one with Note 4 issues…FYI. So I grabbed my Samsung tablet that I used last year and everything works as it should and my daughter was full of giggles as she watched herself on it :). Curious thing I noticed is that the app on Google Play says it only has 1000 downloads…are most people using Apple products for this?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.