Marcum LX7/9 second hand

• Aaron Gilmer

Anyone know if there’s any issues with upgrades If you purchase a LX7 or 9 second hand? I’m assuming there’s no warranty that goes with the unit, but I wasn’t sure about how the updates work

Thanks in advance

Fishtrekker
    Land of 10,000 Lakes

Warranty only applies to the original owner. They have a flat rate repair of $125 which covers anything and everything wrong with the system excluding the battery and they warranty the repair for an additional 1 year.

Firmware updates are free on their website: http://marcum.custhelp.com/app/categories/detail/c/278

JoeMX1825
    MN

I wouldn’t expect anything in terms of updates based on the fact that it took Marcum 4+ years since their last LX-9 update and the only thing added was the shallow water fix the LX-6/7 users got a year earlier..

Aaron Gilmer

Is that more just because it’s already a good system? Or they just dropped the ball on updates… just debating on getting one or not

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I love both of my Marcums. If it matters to you. But I run a lx7 and 5. Never dabbled with the 9

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

I only issues on my LX6 with the very first update…..all I had to do was re-install it and it was golden….No troubles since….
    I love mine…

JoeMX1825
    MN

Is that more just because it’s already a good system? Or they just dropped the ball on updates… just debating on getting one or not

Regarding the LX-9, they dropped the ball… I recently spoke with a Marcum tech and he acknowledged they have a large list of enhancement requests from LX-9 owners over the years, but they have no plans on releasing an update with them…they are simply ignoring their customers…

The LX-6/7 functionality is pretty straight forward and therefor probably doesn’t have alot of things that are possible to add to it…

I would take a hard look at the dual use devices (Humminbird Helix/Garmin) that work in both hard/soft water..

Meterman

I have the LX7 for the past 5-6 years or so and LOVE it. I did the Nov.-2016 firmware update with no issues. Just added the Lithium Shuttle for this year. I typically fish with my two son’s Hummingbird ICE-55 and another LX7. I also have a MX5 as a guest flasher. Little or no interference issues when using the narrow cone angle. I have friends with Vexilar’s fish with us and they have much more issues with interference than the Marcum’s. If is is a new Vexilar with better IR, then less issues. Just my observations.

Doug M
    SE SD

I have both the 9 and 7. Bought the 9 the first year they were available. Has done everything I have wanted it to do since I seen it. I use the vertical zoom, graph, over top of the camera. I took a chance on a 7 I found on eBay for $400 from a pawn shop in Colorado. Turns out it was pretty much a new unit. Plastic was still on the screen. So we sold the lx-6 (which was a great unit also) and the wife got basically same thing only bigger screen. She likes the graph and vertical display.

Aaron Gilmer

What’s everyone use to carry their lithium shuttle with? Besides the bucket…. any soft bags out there??

tucrs
    NW Metro

What’s everyone use to carry their lithium shuttle with? Besides the bucket…. any soft bags out there??

So I use a milk crate. I pack it with foam all the way around the shuttle. I have done this for a few seasons now. There is about 2″ foam at the bottom. It works great and seems to keep my gear safe.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.