Marcum LX5i

• Todd Albee

I purchased a Marcum Lx5i about a month ago and I absolutely love it. However, I have noticed recently when I set the hook and miss (yes, it happens to the best of us) that nearly all of the screen gets filled with “marks”. This makes it un-fishable for several minutes before it clears up. Has anyone else had this issue and/or have a solution? I have tried adjusting the gain when it happens and doesn’t have any affect. I assume it has to do with air bubbles created from the sudden motion? doesn’t happen all the time though. I have contacted Marcum and they had me check the battery voltage. At a 92% charge is was at 12.9 volts. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Jeffrey Trapp
    Milbank, SD

Are you using braid or mono? I have more of an issue using braid but I’ve never seen it last for several minutes. Have you tried lifting the transducer out of the water and putting it back in? That’s just a thought.

SpoonbillSlayer
    St. Michael, MN

I have had it happen with both Marcums and Vexilars. I think it is bubbles and bait. It is always worse with waxies as they probably shred apart more. Never as bad with euros. Sometimes it can last a minute or so. Since you have the 5, you could try the narrow beam when it happens and see if that helps.

Also have something similar happen on certian lakes when the bugs come out at dusk. Bottom gets full of green marks flickering. I assume that is bugs/larvae moving around.

I think the flasher is ok, thats my 2cents.

Bryan Myers

I have never had it last very long but if I am using waxies or spikes sometimes on a hard hook set it tears them off and the flasher will read it for a while. I have seen it even when using just plastic and then it seems to just be air and clears up pretty quick normally.

Todd Albee

I use mono and tend to use waxies most of the time. I’ll try lifting the transducer out of the water next time it happens. Thanks for all of the suggestions.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

I think it’s possible even with mono. I’m guessing bubbles on the line and/or waxie debris.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.