Marcum camera video out?

• Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

I have a VS 825c. I picked up a new TV for the fish house and hooked a yellow video cable from the TV to the Marcum. Figured it’d be as simple as that… But all I get is a scrambled image of what I see on the Marcum. What am I doing wrong? Thanks from my impatient 3yr old!

gonehunting

I would assume you have to change the “source” selection on the remote. Will likely have to choose Aux1 or Aux2. Only a guess.

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

Thanks. Tried that. Just a scrambled fish picture is all I get.

candofish
    Turtle Lake wi

Hey Joe, The signal coming out of the Marcum is analog. you will have to get a box to convert it to your new digital TV

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

Hey Joe, The signal coming out of the Marcum is analog. you will have to get a box to convert it to your new digital TV

Thanks! Do you need a converter box for all Marcum cameras? Also is there any converter box that works better than others? Smaller, more convenient?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Joe, it’s been a while since I connected to a TV.

Once I get home, I’ll try it and get back with you.
    Since older VHF tapes and DVD players work on the newer tv’s without a converter, I’m thinking you shouldn’t need one…

Could you take a picture of the screen with your phone and post it here?

I should have an answer either way by 4:30 today.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I agree it shouldn’t need a decoder for playback, but recording likely would, try out different cables, even RCA audio cables (Red & White) will transmit a video signal, you don’t need the single yellow RCA cable..twist the cable once it’s connected as well, sometimes the connection just isn’t very good…also make sure the Video-in port on the marcum isn’t loose, the solder could have broke..

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

What Joe said. The more I’m thinking about it…if you can see any part of the monitor picture on the tv screen (even if it’s screwed up) it’s a cable or connector.

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

Thanks guys!

The picture is there but scrambled in bits and pieces. Kind of like bad TV reception. I tried three different cords and two TVs. Are we thinking it needs to go back to Marcum?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Yes Joe off to Marcum it goes.

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

Dang. Thanks so much for the help everyone.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

@Joe Scegura, how did this turn out? Was it in fact a problem with the camera itself?

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

That’s funny you asked. I just put this on my list of things to get done. I still need to send it into Marcum but I will let you know when I hear back from them.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

OK, just curious. I am looking at getting a VS485 and was wondering if it was the unit or if there was some other reason you were getting the scrambled image. Just want to make sure it is (or should be) as simple as connecting a video cable.

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

A friend of mine has the same unit and his works just fine. Single cable to his flat screen, clear picture.

MNdrifter

LX-9, single yellow banana connector to yellow port on TV works for me in the fish house, must be the unit.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_0036.jpg

2. IMG_0037.jpg

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

@walleyestudent

I forgot to reply to this thread.

I sent the camera in to Marcum and they quickly fixed the unit. It now works great! As stated above, all you have to do is hook a video cord up to the back of the unit then to your TV and done.

My son is addicted to fishing with it on the 32″ TV. He caught a nice limit of gills by himself the other day and a bunch of crappie. Not to mention countless encounters with bass, walleye and northern. He really can’t get enough. He said, “this is better than a video game”. In fact since we started using the camera he hasn’t asked to play a game. All he does is beg to go out in the fish house. Win win!

Attachments:
    1. 20180303_140835.jpg

2. Alexandria-MN-Crappie-1.jpg

candofish
    Turtle Lake wi

That’s awesome Joe. I wish I could get my grandkids hooked on fishing. I took them out last fall and the each caught 5 to 10 crappies in about a half hour and wanted to go back home and play video games.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Glad it worked out!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.