Making Of A Murderer

• troutbum
    St. Paul

Holy cow. Anyone else watching this? It is the most compelling and thought provoking documentary Ive watched. It is hard to stop watching. Youve been warned!

deertracker

We have been watching a few at a time because it is so suspenseful that we can’t wait. I think we have 5 episodes left.
    DT

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Thanks for mentioning this show.
    Just what this insomniac needed to look into last night.

Whopper Stopper
    Forest Lake MN

Innocent No, reasonable doubt?……Without question.

WS

glenn-d
    N C Illinois

If you want to throw a little more into it “Google it”….wow.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Thanks for mentioning this show.
    Just what this insomniac needed to look into last night.

I’m glad I didn’t see this last night. I was up til 2 watching Breaking Bad.

Now I’ve got something else to say up for tonight.

troutbum
    St. Paul

If you are planning on watching the show, I would not recommend googling anything about it. Much more interesting to watch it blind.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Innocent or not Im guessing it does not end well for him. Just a couple of episodes left to go but its time to go fishing now. If anyone spoils it on here your going to get flogged with a ice fishing pole.

Mike Klein
    Hastings, MN

Watch Jong it now. Seems like a total sham he got but not through the whole thing yet.

sjhauge
    Elgin, MN

I just finished the final episode. Insomniac…I saw the sun come up. Not going to spoil the suspense. Very good documentary.

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Just started watching it this weekend.. 3 episodes left. Unreal. I’m pretty sure I know how this is going to end but there’s no question about it that there are some DIRTY cops involved!! I’d be interested in going to a Manitowok bar to see what the locals are saying about the whole thing!!!

chomps
    Sioux City IA

My wife had this show going and I walked into the living room sat down and started watching. My wife went to bed and I sat and watched 3-4 more episodes. Next day she was mad, cause the show was something we could watch together! Whatever. We got through the rest together, but she had done some reading on the story ahead of time, so I don’t think that the show was as suspenseful to her. I too wonder what the local coffee shop talk was like as this was playing out.

Dan
    Southeast MN

There’s been all kinds of fallout from this, follow-up pieces and follow-up documentaries and TV specials. From what I’ve heard the locals are sick of hearing about it. I’ve also read that some local business, functions, and local government are taking a lot of heat for it. I read an article where either the local tourism office or chamber of commerce (can’t remember which one) has gotten all kinds of nasty phone calls bashing the town, asking “how could you let this happen?”

I’ve also seen some TV specials that go a little deeper into the prosecution side of things, talking about the case they had against Avery. Going with the theory that every story has two sides, I’ve seen some tidbits talking about how the documentary was very one-sided and didn’t talk much about what the prosecution DID have. I’m not taking sides whatsoever, I really just used the documentary series as entertainment and didn’t get worked up over it.

Jonesy

I will take a side. I am 100% convinced he did it. The documentary leaves out so much context, evidence, and is often times misleading. I am also 100% convinced, in hindsight, they should have taken greater steps to ensure there could be no possible question of a tainted investigation.

maddogg

If you had most of the guys in prison tell just their side of their story how many do you think would look guilty?

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I don’t know how anyone could be 100% one way or the other. It was a very interesting documentary tho. If you want to enter a never ending worm hole, just start looking up all the “theories” on it online, for both sides.

riverbassman

Guys….. this is a DocuDRAMA. A true Documentary includes all facts, not just select information OR opinions. This was crafted to make money and Netflix is doing just that! I still cant believe the hype this has produced!

wimwuen
    LaCrosse, WI

I am not 100% either way, the one thing I do know is there was a lot of shady stuff going on. I think the nephew got the worst of all of it. That pre-trial attorney did nothing but screw him over.

I will say that I do feel that the nephew should at a minimum get a retrial. If they have physical evidence that can convict him, then fine. They used a coerced confession that was not supposed to be allowed in that case to convict him. I’m not one to say that either should be set free, but there were definitely enough questionable things that happened to warrant retrials.

I will also say, I feel for the family of the woman who was killed. It has to be miserable for them to go through all of this again, but that doesn’t change how terribly handled a lot of this was.

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

If you had most of the guys in prison tell just their side of their story how many do you think would look guilty?

I couldn’t agree more.. However, the basis of this whole thing is that he was in prison for 18 years and was innocent. So,,he was telling his side of the story for 18 years and they really didn’t listen.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

Drama show… Count me out!!!

Drama show hitting high popularity… Waaaay out!!!

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

Ya, yeah, ya, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

Ryan

As a local, I can’t believe I have to listen to his name again. It took 9 years for this “DocuDRAMA” to be produced and let loose for the nation to be viewed. They got a lot of people watching and spending their hard earned money on a killer based solely on this show. Thats sad!

One of my very good friends was a cameraman that was in the courtroom everyday for the entire trial. I asked him again this weekend what he would have wrote down on the card. “Without a doubt Guilty ”

I feel for the Halbach family. Can’t imagine what they are going through again

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

As a local, I can’t believe I have to listen to his name again. It took 9 years for this “DocuDRAMA” to be produced and let loose for the nation to be viewed. They got a lot of people watching and spending their hard earned money on a killer based solely on this show. Thats sad!

One of my very good friends was a cameraman that was in the courtroom everyday for the entire trial. I asked him again this weekend what he would have wrote down on the card. “Without a doubt Guilty ”

I feel for the Halbach family. Can’t imagine what they are going through again

Ryan, what do you think of Brendon? Was he there and participating or just a mentally handicapped victim of cops putting words into his mouth during the confession? I mean, none of his case makes sense to what he said in the confession…Nothing at all..

Ryan

Buster this is my opinion. Brendon couldnt keep any store straight. He changed his story many times from start to finish. Brendon’s iq score was 73. Average people score between 85-110. He was found not to have a disability. Im sure there is lots of pressure put on by the police. But at one point of the interview he was so relax. I know if I was accused of a crime and I didnt do it I would have the same story over and over. He was found guilty by our peers. I feel he had something to do with it. Whether he walked into the room and saw her. Or Helped with her killing.

Pete S

@fb&rm Show?? do you know the storyline behind this? the reason it is so popular is because it is NOT a show. I’m terrified to know how corrupt our criminal justice system can be at times. its a shame, it gives the good ones who are out there busting their butts, protecting us, a bad name.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>FishBlood&RiverMud wrote:</div>

@fb&rm Show?? do you know the storyline behind this? the reason it is so popular is because it is NOT a show. I’m terrified to know how corrupt our criminal justice system can be at times. its a shame, it gives the good ones who are out there busting their butts, protecting us, a bad name.

Watched first episode with FW, and that was enough for me. Anything that gets put to big or lil screen is sensationalized for ratings, pure and simple. Some are just better at it than others.

Pete S

Alan Dershowitz (defense atty) was on FOX tonight talking about the OJ trial, he said one of their big “gets” was they found traces of EDTA in some of the blood samples that were brought in as evidence.

Tim Bossert
    Cochrane, WI

Would be great if there was another documentary that showed EXACTLY what the prosecution said is missing. If this is a closed case (I get it trying to be reopened by Avery) shouldn’t all that evidence be available? We keep hearing the prosecutor slam the series saying there was much damning evidence left out. Where is it? What else did they have? Hmmmm

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

@fb&rm Show?? do you know the storyline behind this?

Nope, I’ve all but shut my ears to any drama related activities. On TV or otherwise.

I’d just rather use my energy elsewhere… On something i might enjoy or find value in; rather than an activity that’ll rile me up.

To each their own

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.