Nice big gills biting on Monona

• Whiskerkev
    Madison

I decided to get the wife and twins out for a little gill action last Saturday. The boys are 4 years old and just getting started. I’d heard reports of suspended fish in 30 feet of water but for the boys on board, bobber fishing near the weeds was key. We stopped at a nice even dozen 8-9 inchers. The boys reeled all of them in. Neither of them have technically soloed on their first ones yet but fun to watch them reel in. I found good action where the Yahara dumps in and they bit on crawler chunks and also red plastics. A few big toothies were keeping them honest we could see a take now and again and the bite would shut off for 15 minutes. I have to get after some of them big toothies when I get some time.

Ragerunner

Nice job getting the kids out! As far as catching fish themselves…splurge on some little Gamagatzu red laser sharpened hooks and put a redworm or crawler hunk just covering the shaft of the hook. They are so sharp that any tension sinks the hook. It’s the only way my girlfriend will fish with me.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.