Lx7 issues

• Alex Sharrow
    adirondack park upstate ny

So the past couple years my lx7 has been troubling this year it seems the more sensitivity I use the better I can see my jig sometimes I can’t see my jig at all with the gauge all the way up is it a battery problem cause i replaced the transducer last year after it faulted out

Fishtrekker
    Land of 10,000 Lakes

Are you running firmware 5.10?

Range Mode: Manual of Manual Dynamic

Sensitivity 15-20 (firmware 5.10)

Gain Mode:
    Under 10 FOW: Gain 2
    Over 10 FOW: Gain 1

Ping Rate:
    Under 10 FOW: 1-2
    Over 10 FOW: 3-4

Target Adjust: This all depends on how big you want your returns on your screen to be. A general setting to start out with is around 4-5 and adjust accordingly to your preference

Aaron Drier

Possibly a bad resistor on the board, that’s what happened to mine. Sent it in got a new transducer and fixed the board. $125+ return shipping. Also comes with a additional 1 year warranty

Mike S.

I had the same issue. Brought it to Marcum and it ended up being a resistor on the mother board. Got a new transducer also.

shady5

Interesting, a buddy and I both bought LX7’s in fall 2016 and they both crapped out 2 weeks ago. He was joking that they must put time bombs in them. He sent his in and they replaced a resistor and the transducer. I need to ship mine off. This seems like a systemic quality issue with the product.

Hugo Despres

I’m wondering if mine has the same issue. Can’t get the a thick ans steady mark as shown in the home test video. Could it be a resistor problem?

Fishtrekker
    Land of 10,000 Lakes

Are you able to get a depth reading at all? If you are, it’s a settings issue.

Ice Cap

The resistor must be a common problem. My son just got his back from Marcum and that’s exactly what they did was replace resistor and transducer. So they either they got a bad batch of resistors which is unlikely or there is a design flaw in the circuitry that’s causing them to either open or short. Resistors rarely just go bad.

Fishtrekker
    Land of 10,000 Lakes

and I bet they replaced his ducer as well when they did that didn’t they? There is your culprit. Ducer damage is what I would suspect just by crusing all the sites.There has to be something that causes it like you mentioned and the only thing that it can be is the ducer. Just my two cents.

shannon Francis

I just received my new lx7 today in the mail. My problem is this. The menu button does nothing except act as the cone angle button. Nothing else appears but the option to change the cone angle when pressing the menu button. I can’t find anything out there where someone has experienced the same thing. I am sure this is a defect and will have to be returned. Anyone possibly know of such a problem and the fix?

rjthehunter
    Brainerd

I just received my new lx7 today in the mail. My problem is this. The menu button does nothing except act as the cone angle button. Nothing else appears but the option to change the cone angle when pressing the menu button. I can’t find anything out there where someone has experienced the same thing. I am sure this is a defect and will have to be returned. Anyone possibly know of such a problem and the fix?

Just return it. Even if you were able to fix it, it would void your warranty.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

My lx6 is having issues. Quit reading bottom. Is marcum falling apart or what? My lx3 and 5 are great. But these new units do not sound very dependable

rjthehunter
    Brainerd

My lx6 is having issues. Quit reading bottom. Is marcum falling apart or what? My lx3 and 5 are great. But these new units do not sound very dependable

I hope not. I just got my lx7… It’s a little un nerving to refresh the site this morning and see the 2 most recent threads read “lx7 issue” and directly beneath “lx6 issue” ???

shannon Francis

yea, unfortunately I believe I am stuck with this option. Thanks for the reply.

It’s only a resistor… no big deal… better than your motor!
    devil

Slabhunter

So strange to read about all these LX7/6 issues…I bought my LX7 six yrs ago and have not had one issue. The software upgrades have all worked flawlessly and I purchased the shuttle for it 2 years ago and that has been a nice improvement as well…..knock on wood I guess.

Dylan Salow

We always hear about the issues more than we hear about good which is the case for many other situations too. It is frustrating when you spend that much you expect them to perform well don’t get me wrong but there is a lot of happy customers out there also. Been going on 4 years with my LX7 and shuttle no issues (knock on wood as Slabhunter said).

holmsvc
    SE ND

I had an LX7, but ended up selling it and buying a FL28. I really liked fishing with my LX7 a lot more than my 28, but they just aren’t dependable. I had to send mine in 3 times in 4 or 5 years. Twice it was something with the board and once the transducer and something with the board. While I own a backup/wife’s unit it is still extremely frustrating to deal with. They just need to build it better! I also was fishing more in shallow water at that time and even with the improvements it still wasn’t a good shallow water unit at the time.

keppenhiemer
    (507) MN

I had an LX7, but ended up selling it and buying a FL28. I really liked fishing with my LX7 a lot more than my 28, but they just aren’t dependable. it still wasn’t a good shallow water unit at the time.

X2

I am on my fourth transducer now. the one I fell on the ice and it broke and another was a few years old, so hard to blame them for that however the other couple where not abused in any way. only lasted about a year each!!! at over a $100 a each its very expensive! this last one shorted out my unit as well it is on its way to Marcum now! you can not call them direct anymore. they have to call you back its kind of a pain in the butt. I will say the customer service was spot on and helpful! once we got in touch.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.