LX7 Firmware Upgrade

• holmsvc
    SE ND

Has anyone heard a date on the upgrade that is supposed to help with the shallow water use? My LX7 is completely useless in less than 6.5 ft and most of my fishing this year has been on shallow lakes. My depth reading jumps a lot when fishing in less than 8ft as well. I really like my LX7, but if something doesn’t get done soon I am going to have to get rid of it for something else. Also when fishing in less that 20ft my dynamic depth jumps and I don’t turn up my sensitivity any higher than to see my lure most of the time.

Kent Tau

Same as always open water mode. Fished in 4 fow. Works fine just no fish

glenn-d
    N C Illinois

I run open water mode with transducer just under the water. I don’t use Dynamic Depth. I can pick my jig up about 18″ under the hole. I fish a slough that’s avg depth is 5 ft. I also use both 6 color palette and the red green orange. Hope that helps.

iffwalleyes

I experience the same thing just this past weekend. Was fishing about 5’shallowest that I have ever used it in. My graph read at 5 feet but the digital readout kept saying 10′. I only have visibility of my line for the bottom 1.5-2 feet then it black out. Switch between 8 and 20 degree moved the transducer up and down all seem the same. Switch between all the different ranges. Finally just lived with it hopefully something can be done software wise to correct it.

I’ll have to use Glenn-d advice and see it that changes it for me. Didn’t think about switching to open water mode.

holmsvc
    SE ND

I’ll try open water mode, but isn’t there supposed to be an update this month?

Spencer Haugen

This should help for that shallow water

Attachments:
    1. image6.png

glenn-d
    N C Illinois

Great post Spencer I’ll be honest from one ice season to the next I forget what my prime operating settings were from year to year. I took a picture this time waytogo

I’ll try open water mode, but isn’t there supposed to be an update this month?

I’m sure they’ll get us our update soon enough. I’m already past worrying about getting any improvements this year; I’m almost ready to start bitching about next years update. devil

I really hope they added the 2nd moveable zoom column and Zelda game-mode I asked Santa for. santa

Kent Tau

I’m still on 2 year old firmware. 3.40 or something. Never had the need to do so, mines works fine, never had any issues so why bother. I talked to the tech while picking up my crappy lx3tc and he said there’s really no need to update unless its something you really need. Mine works as it should so why change that.

Steve Strain
    Thor, Iowa

I emailed Marcum about the update last night and got a reply before I even got out of bed this morning. Here’s what they said…..

Attachments:
    1. image7.png

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.