Lx7

• Branden Doyle

I bought a new lx7this summer and this morning took it out to the dock with my buddy who also just bought one. I read 9’3”he’s read4’4” I also never once read my jig!!or the two fish I caught. Even after he turn his off. And I had a mark at 5’ that never moved or left. And I know nothing is down at 5’ I even change the sensitivity and the cone degree and the ir.

Is this how it will be in the winter if so it’s going back

maddogg

Sensitivity or gain set to high?

Dusty Gesinger
    Minnetrista, Minnesota

Is the software updated to help with shallow water issues? Have you used one before? Cone is very small that shallow.

Gofaaast

Assuming you have have the latest software version v5.10. Go to sonar settings then sonar mode and choose Gain 1 when in shallow water. This works best for my Lx6 and Lx7 in water <8′.

Branden Doyle

I noticed mine don’t have the gain It’s still got ice mode and open water. I would think it have a new version on a brand new unit

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Better yet, why doesn’t the company step up and sell only those units that are fishing-ready? Buy a new unit and have to up-date it to use it? I’d return it and get a Vex.

big_g
    Isle, MN

So was the water 9′ deep or 4′ ?

bigpike

Better yet, why doesn’t the company step up and sell only those units that are fishing-ready? Buy a new unit and have to up-date it to use it? I’d return it and get a Vex.

I’ll tell you what. The LX series can have a bit of a learning curve and you will need to change the settings on various conditions. Once you figure it out you will enjoy the options and features. If you want two buttons a gain and power setting get a vex like Tom said. I really love mine but it took a while and I needed side by side comparison with other LX owners to figure out how I like it.

bigpike

If it helps I can turn mine on write down my last settings and send them to you..

marvins
    Kansas

As posted the cone is small that shallow so jig needs to be right under ducer. You can update it or go back out and use the open water mode. Make sure battery is good also. I doubt there’s anything wrong with it other than learning to use it. So basically you were probably reading double the depth so your sensitivity was way high.

Branden Doyle

Went back and read 4’ then it say 0’. So I did a test marcum said and that seem to work so I’m thinking it don’t work well in shallow water doing update tonight try tomorrow

Branden Doyle

I just don’t get why my depth jumps from 4’ to nothing then back.

marvins
    Kansas

The update will smooth the gain out and allow a finer curve.

Craig Sery
    Bloomington, MN

Call Marcum, mine had an issue last winter related to depth and something internal was fried. Was all under warranty

Fishtrekker
    Land of 10,000 Lakes

Tell the retailers to sell through their stock, its not any companies fault if a retailer sits on something until the next season. In this guys case I bet the system is 2 years old based on the latest update.

Update your system to the latest firmware: https://marcum.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/272

And then follow these general settings:
    https://marcum.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/144

There support site is a wealth of information if anyone every needs to find something.

philtickelson
    Inactive
    Mahtomedi, MN

“Sell more things” seems like good advice for a retailer, I think I’ll stop by Joe’s tonight and let them know! You make it sound like retailers are purposefully not selling them.

Maybe people don’t want to buy a product that when released had promises of software updates to always be ‘cutting edge’, when the reality seemed to be it was a rushed product that needed future software updates just to make it usable in ‘shallow’ water. What did it take for the LX-9 to get an update, FOUR years or something ridiculous? Four years is an eternity for a software update.

I wouldn’t really blame that on the retailers…

Pat McSharry
    Keymaster
    Saint Michael, MN

So let me get this straight. You’re unhappy that they don’t put out as many updates as you think they should, but when they do it’s an inconvenience to you?

It’s possible that electronic items will need to be updated when they get purchased until everyone sells through the old stock. This is true for any electronics items.

You don’t have to blame anyone, that’s just the way it works.

ajw

Easy, Rod. I think the complaint is when you spend that amount of money on something it should work as advertised out of the box. I tend to agree

Branden Doyle

I’m not complaining at all I’m pumped for the unit. I’m just trying to understand before it’s early ice.

Pat McSharry
    Keymaster
    Saint Michael, MN

I’m not complaining at all I’m pumped for the unit. I’m just trying to understand before it’s early ice.

I know, I wasn’t directing that towards you at all. I PM’d you.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.