LX5 is Loud?

• Bobby Kuennen

I just took my LX5 of the shelf to get the battery charged. I turned it on and it’s really loud. Like the disc spinning on the inside is hitting something. Do I try to take it apart or can I send it in to Marcum or something? The sound will drive me nuts and I would think if something is obstructing it the batteries would have to work harder. Thoughts?

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

I have a buddy that pressed in the center of the dial on his VX1 and the glue that holds that piece to the cone/sun shade let go. It fell down against the rotor dial. I was able to easily dismantle the unit and epoxy the face back in place.
    Perhaps you have the same issue?
    If you take it apart the power and gain knobs have a very small allen head set screw, if I recall it was a .05″ allen.

monstermatt
    Minnesota

I would send it in. Could be a simple fix, might not be but if you take it apart and determine that it needs to be serviced by marcum it will likely void any warranty you have. I took my LX-3 in for service last year in the middle of the ice season and had it back in 2 days so you won’t be missing a lot fishing time by having it repaired.

Doug Larsen
    Minnesohtah

Could be a motor or brush. Versa will likely fix for free

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.