lx-9

• bken

My lx-9 isn’t showing the depth with the camera. Any way to fix it?

JoeMX1825
    MN

Have you tried resetting to factory defaults? Do OSD camera options even exist on the LX-9 menu? (I’ll have to check) This is part of my LX-9 needs enhancements argument, the camera settings are lacking on the LX-9 compared to Marcum’s other cameras…

This is the page in the manual for the OSD camera view:

ONGSCREEN(DISPLAY((OSD)(CAMERA(FUNCTIONS
    The Manta camera contains a digital temperature sensor, a pressure sensor for measuring camera
    depth, and an electronic compass sensor used to determine the heading of the camera. The
    monitor base includes an additional compass sensor used to determine the heading of the
    monitor. The OSD circuit receives data from the camera, calculates the direction the camera is
    facing relative to the monitor, and displays temperature, depth, voltage, and heading. The
    heading is displayed as an arrow which rotates around a small compass-like display with your
    gauges. For this indication to be accurate, the camera must be suspended by the cable, and the
    monitor must be on a level surface. If either the camera or the monitor rotates, so will the arrow.
    An arrow at the top center of the screen indicates that the camera and monitor are facing in the
    same direction. An arrow at the left indicates the camera is pointing to the left relative to the
    direction the monitor is facing. Down indicates behind, and right indicates to the right. When
    enabled, the temperature, voltage, and depth are also displayed along the top.
    Compass Calibration: First, have your monitor on a level surface like a countertop, and have
    the camera hanging freely about two feet below.
    To re-calibrate, go to SYSTEMS SETTINGS, and then highlight CAM COMP CAL. Select ON,
    and press MENU/ENTER.
    Now rotate the camera two full revolutions and back while keeping it level. Go back to CAM
    COMP CAL in the menu, and select OFF.
    Next, go to SYSTEM SETTINGS, and then highlight LCD COMP CAL. Select ON, and press
    MENU/ENTER.
    Now slowly rotate the monitor on a level surface two full revolutions. Go back to LCD COMP
    CAL in the menu and select off.
    You directional arrow should now be accurate

bken

No I didn’t reset it back to factory. I was going to try that next time i was out. It was reading the depth the last time I was out.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.