Lx 7 trouble shooting

• ozzyky
    On water

Has worked flawlessly for 2 seasons. Put a shuttle on it this yr and worked great until today. I reset to factory settings and checked connections. Still no progress. The second it turns on it’s very jumpy and just says 6-10 ft of water no matter what depth I’m in. Even out of the water it stays at that depth. Does not pick lure up either. Ideas?

Attachments:
    1. E95284CA-1DDC-4DDD-93EF-3C096E1DF9D6.jpeg

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

This is just a guess based on limited information but almost all issues with ice Electronics can be traced back to a bad battery or a bad transducer. Anybody around you have a different transducer you can swap into the unit?

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

This is just a guess based on limited information but almost all issues with ice Electronics can be traced back to a bad battery or a bad transducer. Anybody around you have a different transducer you can swap into the unit?

When the lx 7 first came out, there were a few guys with identical issues discussed here. Transducer!

ozzyky
    On water

I don’t know anyone with a lx6 or 7. I’ll head to Cabela’s or fleet farm tomorrow and try that. Probably nice to have a back up ducer regardless if that’s the problem or not. All my buds are vexilar guys. I have one that switched to a m5 this yr and loves it. (He’s out of town to try his ducer on mine. I need it ASAP) I have a m3 for myself when the kids are with and no complaints. They like what my 7 has to offer but if it’s not broke why fix it.

Ray Gylsen
    Glenwood,Mn

Just replaced my transducer and fixed the same issue. I was out in very cold conditions and froze the ducer cable to side of hole and must have caused an open when removing from hole. Can’t leave of side of hole. A $100 lesson.

ozzyky
    On water

Thanks for that link….I ordered a transducer…..but after completing the survey sounds like it may need to go in for repair.

PmB

Mine occasionally does the same thing. 99% sure it’s the ducer. There is a small slice in the cord. It only happens when using in a wheel house when that part of the cord is under water

Fishtrekker
    Land of 10,000 Lakes

Rather be safe then sorry, sending it in just to have a piece of mind everything will be looked over and fixed instead of throwing $ at the issue and not being 100% sure that’s what’s wrong with it.

ozzyky
    On water

Found someone in my area with an m5.put their ducer on and all good.

Kevin Roskam

I had an issue with my lx7, emailed Marcum on a Sunday and they got back to me in 45 minutes! GREAT customer service!

Craig Sery
    Bloomington, MN

I agree. Dropped mine off on a Friday and they emailed me Monday it was done

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.