Trailer boat guide’s for Lund Angler 17′

• genofish

Which trailer boat guides work best, the tall white ones or the shorter ones with the black roller.
    I have a roller trailer
    Thanks

primitive
    Davenport, Iowa

I just purchased The 48″ white guides. I load and unload my 17 ft. Tracker by myself and I believe these guides will help. My side bunks are ussually under water too deep to help with loading unless I ram it up on the trailer and I don’t like loading it that way.

Richard V.
    Somewhere over the rainbow

First off I want to welcome you to the posting side of the site genofish…

Both of my boat trailers are bunk trailers but I did help Greg Vandemark (has a roller trailer) put his boat in and take it out once the only difference was the boat will roll off of the trailer if you don’t have the motor running and in gear. Anyway one of my boats is a glass V bottom the without guides on the trailer, the other boat is an aluminum flat bottom that has guides. Hardly ever do I have anyone help me when I am putting either boat in or taking it out. The main reason I would want to have guides with my Nitro would be as protection from rolling waves coming in that would float the boat off of the trailer. Other than that I do just fine without them. I know how far I need to back the trailer in to launch either boat, and the same for when I take them out. So if you think you need the guides I would opt for the roller guides since you already have a roller trailer. It will look better than the poles sticking up.

joshbjork
    Center of Iowa

I like tall. If nothing else they let you see the trailer when it’s starting down the ramp.

Hot Runr Guy
    West Chicago, IL

I use the carpeted horizontal bunk style, but I did have to modify them, by cutting & welding in height extensions so that they would be taller, and the hull would not ride-up over them.
    HRG

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Welcome to In-Depth Outdoors genofish!!!

I have a 16 1/2′ Lund Angler with a roller trailer, I had the roller guides when I bought the boat and the first thing I did was to take them off. If you need guides to get the boat on the trailer your trailer is in the water too far. You need to find the spot on your trailer (how far to back it in) for it to load properly, on mine it is when the wheels are 3\4 under water. This will take some practice but once you find the spot you will load your boat properly every time!

How To Load Your Boat in Swift Current-Video

guthook1
    Lake Nebagamon Wisconsin

My tub is a bit larger…The trailer (Shorelandr roller) came with tall guides from the factory (they are actually spring loaded) I drive my boat on and can easily see that the boat is aligned correctly. They also help in the wind.
    1850 Tyee Magnum – 200 4stroke Yamaha.
    bestfishes – jim

nodakbassmaster
    Black Hills, SD

true, I thought I needed more guides than the ones that mine trailer came with, but that was because I had the trailer too far in the water. Top of my fender about 4″ above the water seems to be close to the sweet spot for me…

Johnbrad

I just bought the Lund 1810 Predator SS boat by comparing all the latest Lund boat models at Aluminum Boat Guide.

Adley

Tall white trailer will work well with the roller.

muskeye
    Duluth, Mn

I bought the ball white PVC guides at FF a year ago. It works great, especially in wind or current. Just need to hook the front of the boat between the guides and drive on.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.