Lund Sportrak mounting blocks

• dgilgen
    Eau Claire Wisconsin

I went to pick up a few more sportrak “blocks” to mount some rod holders on my 04 Lund Explorer and was shocked to see that these things are $30 a piece! I find this to be extremely overpriced! Anyone else agree? Is there anywhere else I should be looking for these, other than ebay?

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

you got a pic ?

DOA HONKER

Ya I think I have one that came with a rod holder that I got on Ebay. PM me or post pic of what exactly your looking for and I will see. (FYI will be gone till sunday night so I wont be checking emails)

dgilgen
    Eau Claire Wisconsin

Here’s a pic . They mount on the sides of the boat so you’re not dilling holes in the actual boat itself. You mount your accessories to these instead, not a bad idea but, 30 bucks a piece, come on!

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

is it a sticky back?
    Or is it something you bolt/screw once then u can remount things without damaging the boat again.
    I have used 1″ plexi on my boat to accomplish the same. Look up a plastics shop online and your problem should be solved. Just a guess. -Mark

gusschoenfeld
    Winsted, MN

There is a tracking system in Lunds that these slide in. You can move the brackets anywhere in the boat and never drill a hole in your boat. You only have to drill into the face of the item showed. Can be used for rod holders, can holders, tool holders, and net holders for just a few. Excellent idea and was fortunate to get 4 of those and 2 cup holders when I purchased my boat.

dgilgen
    Eau Claire Wisconsin

Here are two pics of the ones I have in my boat, currently not being used for anything. I would like to pick up a couple of more but, still at odds with the price of ’em… Red Lab is correct about the tracking system, again a great idea but, you pay the price if you didn’t get enough with the boat originally!

mrwalleye
    MN

Can someone post a pic of the back of it ?

Mike Klein
    Hastings, MN

I agree a rip. Last few I paid 25. They should be about 10. They probably cost 25cents to make.

DOA HONKER

Ya thats what I got. I live in Rocheter Area or I can ship (sorry but at your expense). It already has some holes in it other than that is fine I have no use for it.

dgilgen
    Eau Claire Wisconsin

PM sent

westy661

Hello,

I am also looking for cheaper Lund brackets. I am Googling around for a discounter and that is how I came across this forum. Has anyone found a cheaper price on these? I am looking to get three more brackets and that adds up very quickly. So far the cheapest online is $24 plus S&H.

Westy

cat dude
    Arlington, MN

The Sport Trac is one of the best options to come along in some time.

It may cost a few bucks along with the actual rod holder but I have 8 in the boat along with a few drink holders.

Sure nice to be able to move them wherever and not put any holes in the boat.

Comes in handy for trolling or catfishing.

nodakbassmaster
    Black Hills, SD

Yeah, I have at least 4 of these and would have 2x that if Lund were not so proud of them!

I have not found another source for them, and somehow doubt there will be enough demand for another manufacturer to bother…

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.