Downriggers

• Chris H

I just ordered my pro guide 1825 and I am looking at getting some downriggers. I was looking for ideas on how to rig these on my pro guide. Anyone running downriggers on a pro guide? Does lund make any thing for downriggers with the Sportrak system?

I run a set of downriggers on my 2010 Pro Guide for Salmon trips and the occasional Lake of the Woods Walleye trip.

Biggest challenge I found was that I needed more than a 6″ base in order to clear my Wave Wackers, and I didn’t want the extra height a 12″ base would offer. Ended up having a set of 8″ bases machined by Bone Collector Rod Holders out of North Carolina.

I also found that the Sport Track system is a little weak to carry all the weight a downrigger setup would require.

hope4fish

Lund makes a very solid downrigger base for this sport track system. I happen to have just taken a set off my 1675 Explorer as I’ve bought a new boat. if you want to pay shipping, I’ll send you my set for free. send me a PM if interested.

baggyd620
    Prairie Du Sac, WI

Might want to check out these made by Cisco Fishing Systems

http://www.ciscofishingsystemsltd.com/shop/lund-mounts-5239

I got a pair last fall for my 1700 Explorer and Walker downriggers. They work great, are very solid and easy to install and remove. They also make both angled and straight depending and which track system you have on the 1825. I think they also have diffrent mounting plates depending on which brand of downrigger you have.

Scott D

trapsht
    Rockford, Il

I just installed the Cisco mounts myself on my 1875 Impact. As long as you aren’t planning on using electric riggers, these seem to work great. However, I haven’t actually used them..only mounted them.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.