For you lund guys

• Beaver E

My uncle just bought a lund fisherman 17 and it came with the rail bars up front. He thinks that he has to take off the rails to get a trolling motor up front because of space. I was wondering if you guys that have the bars had to take them off. If not were you concerned that the head of the trolling motor was going to hit the bars when traveling on the road or in the water?

Chuck Melcher
    SE Wisconsin, Racine County

I have a Lund Fisherman 17 with the rails… and no reason at all to remove the rails. I have a removable plate on my trolling motor extended a bit to fit in a Deck Hand anchor, and never once thought about removing the rails.

If he has doubts, I will be glad to e-mail a few pics of whatever he needs, right or wrong about my set up. Seen others with the same boat, rails are always still on.

If he needs it, em is [email protected]

Looked at mine when just out… a good 8″ clearance on my Terrova, think just a little less on the previous PD. Either way, no problem without support.

flstick
    Northeast metro

RAM makes a trolling motor stabilizer that will prevent that from happening. They are about $50-$60 depending on length.

Geerdes
    Brandon, SD 57005

Have an 1800 Fisherman with trolling motor in front and rails. No need to remove rails.

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

2003 1700 Fisherman. PD on front mounted on quick release bracket. From Erie to the Mighty Mississippi no problems to this point.

FDR

Beaver E

Thanks guys. I will make sure I show him this post.

85lund
    Menomonie, WI

Quote:

RAM makes a trolling motor stabilizer that will prevent that from happening. They are about $50-$60 depending on length.

Get the RAM mount! It keeps the head from hitting when you are traveling and also keeps the motor form deploying during travel on the water. Very easy to install and acts as great insurance for your expensive trolling motor investment

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.