Lund Pro-V tiller?

• eyesfishin
    Somerset, WI

Anybody more in the know…know if Lund will be bringing back the ProV tiller in the 18 footer?

out_fishing
    Moorhead, MN

I cant help you with your answer but to throw another question out there. When are we going to see a glass tiller from lund?

Palerider77

I am more than a little biased here, but the 1825 pro guide doesn’t leave a person wanting for much. I am not sure what advantage a pro v tiller would give.

eyesfishin
    Somerset, WI

Honestly I really like the pro guide. But I was hoping for for the wider ProV gunnels and possibly rated for a 115 just like everyone else.

Palerider77

I see, the sport track takes care of the gunnels issue for me, and I think the 90 is adequate in the power dept. 40 mph with a reasonable load and easy on the gas. I was back and forth between a 2010 and an 1825, and I don’t really feel like I am missing much. Another 2 feet (18 inches actually) would be cool but I don’t really want to feed a 200 vrod. It fishes big and backtrolls into 3 footers with ease.

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

Quote:

I see, the sport track takes care of the gunnels issue for me, and I think the 90 is adequate in the power dept. 40 mph with a reasonable load and easy on the gas. I was back and forth between a 2010 and an 1825, and I don’t really feel like I am missing much. Another 2 feet (18 inches actually) would be cool but I don’t really want to feed a 200 vrod. It fishes big and backtrolls into 3 footers with ease.

What do you have for a prop on yours. I’m over 6000 at wide open with mine and I’m not seeing close to 40 mph with a 90 Yamaha 4S. I’m not sure what I have on mine. It is not marked in any way. I’ll have to remove it to find out what
    it is.

Palerider77

18p merc vengeance stainless. I have not tried an alum prop on this boat yet, will have to wait for winter. my last boat had a yammie and the factory aluminum prop was pretty darn good. From what I have read, the merc ss props perform well with a Yamaha on that boat.

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

I have a 13 1/2 diameter X 15p aluminum.
    Dealer is suggesting a 16p Vengeance.

propmann
    Brainerd MN

Quote:

I would recommend the 16 vengeance or the 16 quicksilver silverado same prop alittle cheaper since you don’t have the mercury mname stamped in in.

impalapower
    Madison, WI

Quote:

I cant help you with your answer but to throw another question out there. When are we going to see a glass tiller from lund?

I don’t think Lund has faired very well in the glass department. If Lund did make one, I’d more than likely choose a Ranger. Lund makes great aluminum boats and thats where it should end.

With the costs of a Pro-V tiller and tillers don’t sell as much as wheel boats, I think that sums it up. I imagine if you contacted Lund, you could have one made.

Palerider77

Quote:

Had 4 adults in the boat and the normal load of gear, 41 downstream and 38 upstream on gps at wot (6000 rpm). 13 x 18p vengeance. Good hole shot, but I roll the power on, never snap it open. The research I did over the winter led me to this prop, i am very satisfied with the performance of this boat.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.