Advice on kickers

• kodiak05

I bought a 1725 pro guide this spring. Love the boat, don’t know about the opti though. Had the trim go out on sat with about 10 hrs on the motor. Not that a kicker would have helped me but this is the second black motor to let me down. So know to the topic of the post, mercury yamaha or honda for the kicker? Like the shift in the handle on the merc, but now am thinking otherwise. Anyone running a honda? Or is the t9.9 the way to go?

Mr.lundeye
    shoreview MN

9.9 yami is the only way to go just my opinion and I would try to upgrade the black big motor to a yamaha as well.

BBKK
    IA

T8 or T9.9

And trade that motor in for a matching Yami if you have the cash. Trade it in before you get a bunch of hours on it.

I love my Merc, but I have to say I got a rare good one. My next motors will be Yamaha for sure.

fisherman-j
    Northern MN

I have a 8hp Honda tiller on the back of my 1900 Pro-V. It more than does the job and has been very reliable.

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

I have been 110% satisfied with all Yammis I have ran over the years. The one Merc I ran I hated it so much I dumped it after 1 season.

My next boat will have Yammis on it.

Dad has a 75hp 4 stk Merc on his boat with no issues. Of course he’s got maybe 20 hours on it after 3 seasons.

cshurtleff
    Northeast Iowa

My tilt and trim motor went out as well on my new Merc. I have always been a Merc man, but maybe it is time to think different. I have a 9.9 4 stroke Merc Kicker on my 1750 Tyee and love it. It just make me upset seeing the boat at the dealer when it’s not even a year old yet kinda scarey whats next.

kodiak05

Thats the same thing I thought, whats next. Gave the dealer some grief, he took it well. Ended up being the trim position sensor. My dad worked at merc for 38 yrs so I have some loyalty. My dad is picking up a lund, dealer said he would really sharpen his pencil on a pro kicker. So it may end up with another black motor after all.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.