GPS Puck Location

• gut_hooked

I’m installing an HB 898cSI on my 1994 Lund Explorer 1600 (tiller). Need some advice on where to locate the GPS puck?

Being a tiller there is no dashboard. The only “elevated” area is on the bow, next to the trolling motor. I could mount it next to the locator, but that sits lower than the gunnel by about 8″.

Any advice would surely help.

Thanks
    Gut Hooked

dank
    Minneapolis, MN

I have my gps puck for my lowrance on the opposite side of the back navigate light. I have had not issues with any reception. This is also the side that I face when driving the boat and is right next to the locator. I then have this puck networked to my front unit too.

Fun stuff.

Paul Heise
    River Falls, Wi

As close to over the transducer as possible is recommended. The reason for this is when you want to mark structure on the side imaging screen that is off to the side say 75 ft it will be the most accurate and easier to get right over that piece of structure when coming back to it. ex: a fish crib or sunken tree.

I have my 50 channel puck mounted on the deck, tight against the transom fairly close to the motor with no issues. So I wouldnt worry too much about the “recommended mounting”. Temporarily mount (tape in place) in a few spots to see what works best.

ottomatica
    Lino Lakes, MN

Quote:

As close to over the transducer as possible

x2

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

The dealer mounted my dad’s puck below the gunwale on the flat surface behind his tiller “counsel” and it have never been an issue.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.