Mercury engine shortage

• Doran

Ordered new boat from Lund (18′ Proguide) that was due at dealer end of may. Now I have been informed Lund is out of mercury 90 tiller engines until July. I have a fishing vacation scheduled for early July. Dealer has offered to put engine on at dealership instead of factory. Not sure if I should wait for boat from factory, and ruin this years vacation, or let dealer do engine work. Anyone have any thoughts?

DrewH
    s/w WI.

Welcome aboard sir. Ask them to let you use or rent a used boat for vacation and get it all from the factory. Just my opinion.

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

If the dealer does the service or warranty work whats wrong with letting them hang the engine ? I’m sure the mechanics there know what they are doing

skeeter20
    Winnie/Grand Rapids,MN

Quote:

If the dealer does the service or warranty work whats wrong with letting them hang the engine ? I’m sure the mechanics there know what they are doing

Kinda what I was thinking. As long as all warranties are good then I would say what are ya waiting for.

gmartell
    LaCrosse, WI

I think years ago the boats and motors all came separate. The dealers installed them. It will probably be a better job of the dealer does it anyway. The vacation is pretty important. Don’t let Lund stop you from going on it if the dealer is willing to help.

stevenoak

If the dealer is willing to do it for the package price or close I’d tell him to get er done.It’s time to go fishing.If the boat is rigged for the motor it simple installation.Mostly a few bolts and male-female plugs.I’ve installed two of them,and I can’t figure out my new cell phone.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.