Dual pro charger in my lund

• davey
    Itasca, Mn.

I have a double 12 volt charger in my boat and a 12 volt trolling motor. I would like to put two batteries in parallel so I can get longer run time but I don’t know if just one of the chargers will charge them both or if it will overload it. Anyone do this and if so what did you get to work?

nick
    Lakeville, MN

What you really need is another charger for the starting battery, theoretically you would be able to charge both batteries off the one bank, but it would be really slow, and the second might not get a good charge. Overall I’m not so worried about my starting battery, those seem to hold decent levels unless you’re running the radio and livewell a lot. I actually use a regular old battery charger for my starting battery and the dual on the TM batteries. Someday ill buy another onboard charger, to save myself another 30 seconds.

nick
    Lakeville, MN

Back when I had a 12v system I thought it was more productive to have the single largest 12v battery is could, afterwards I didn’t feel I really needed or wanted a second battery anymore, I went with Trojan’s 225 reserve capacity and was happy saved a little on the charger and saved a bunch of weight.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.