Lund Quick Stow Rod tubes

• KPE
    River Falls, WI

Is there anyone on here that has a 1775 Impact sport or similar full windshield model that can snap a photo of their quick stow tubes, and maybe stick a tape measure down both the port and starboard tubes and let me know how long they are?

Background: 2018 Impact XS 1775 (and probably other models, but not verified) are already pre-rigged for quick stow tube install. While I do really like my dealer, I don’t want to pay $500 for install of 4 rod tubes that requires zero drilling. The tubes themselves are either 30 1/8″ long or 55 1/8″ long. I do believe the 30’s go port and 55’s go starboard as I already found the holes in my boat and slit the carpet and stuck a tape down there. What i don’t know is if the starboard ones are 55 1/8″ or if they are also the 30 inchers. According to my tape measure experiment I have room for 55 1/8″ tubes but that being said, I could “feel” some wiring around the 35″ mark which leads me to believe I should stick to shorter tubes.

Any help would be much appreciated. Source for parts is Great Lakes Skipper, seems like a solid website but I’ve never purchased from them. Will report back how it turns out

blackbay

I think you’re correct in that the 30’s go port and the 55’s go starboard. The longer tubes will protect the rods from interfering with the shifter. Even if the 55’s are too long you can either return them or cut them the correct length. My bet is they will work.

munchy
    NULL

I would have them installed as long as possible. It will protect and support the rod better as well as keep the guides from tangling in those wires you’re feeling. Just move the wires out of the way as you install.

KPE
    River Falls, WI

I would have them installed as long as possible. It will protect and support the rod better as well as keep the guides from tangling in those wires you’re feeling. Just move the wires out of the way as you install.

Good thinking, but the rods shouldn’t interfere with anything even if I went shorter as the tubes are capped at the end. really hoping to gee this sorted out before Walleye opener, i have a feeling it’s going to be a good one!

brad-o
    Mankato

I have a 2018 1775 SS impact with tubes here are my photos. The rod in the photo is a 6-8 pushed in all the way. I would say this is one of my favorite features on the boat!

Attachments:
    1. IMG_0541.jpg

2. IMG_0540.jpg

3. IMG_0539.jpg

KPE
    River Falls, WI

Brad-O, thanks for the photos! The weird thing is I cannot find the “face” plate part. I am guessing the two tubes are connected via that plate. looks like I may have to pay dealer price for the parts after all. Shame really since these rod tubes are like $16.99 individually.

Thanks again for fulfilling the photo request though, much appreciated!

KPE
    River Falls, WI

Price wasn’t too bad, got both sides with all the parts included plus the Lund rod saver straps for $240, shipped to my house. Just ordered now, hopefully they get here quick!

KPE
    River Falls, WI

tubes came in, installed in minutes. very happy, will post pics later, but really they look identical to Brad-O’s pics above. Thanks again everyone

Wayne Lacko

Hello Kyle,
    I have the same boat and am looking to add the stow and go tubes and strap. Were you correct 30s port and 55s starboard? I found the pre cutouts in the console.
    Can you please tell me where you ordered the components from?
    through the dealer or were you able to find them elsewhere?

Much appreciated.
    Wayne

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.