Lund 1875 Impact XS – Electronics

• Terry Reed

Looking for recommendations on Humminbird units for bow and console for Lund 1875 Impact XS. Planning to have 9-inch units on both but want to know more on DI and SI. Should I go with mega units and have SI on console and DI on bow? Boat will be mostly used for bass fishing. Thanks in advance.

Tom schmitt

I would have the DI/SI on the trolling motor and link everything together so I could look at whichever image I wanted from either location.

Umy
    South Metro

I have both. Was told by the dealer I would have to have “addtl technolgy” if I wanted to read both from the dash but If I wanted to use “follow the contour” I would need to do it from the bow unit connected to the trolling motor – I chose that option but in hindsight I would have foregone “follow the contour” to be able to see both from the driver’s seat.
    I have SI on the bow mount and DI on the drivers seat.
    I am still not certain they were correct on this. Someone else may have a better answer but FISHLECTRONICS might be worth a call for the rigging aspects of this.
    I just dont use the Follow the Contour enough for it to be worth it.
    Mostly Bass fishing for me. If I could sit in the drivers seat and plug in follow the contour maybe… ? Perhaps I’m just lazy

Benny

If you can swing it in you budget, get yourself a Mega+ unit. As far as what units to get and where to put them, it really depends on your style of fishing and what transducer you put on your trolling motor. I mounted a SI unit on my console and a DI on my bow. I have built in DI on my trolling motor so I needed the DI unit on the bow to use it. I can view SI on the bow unit from the transom mounted transducer as I have the two units networked. I walleye fish so I don’t have the need for SI transducer on my trolling motor in my opinion. I like to be able to use the SI to scout for structure and fish before putting the trolling motor down.

Dan Baker

If you can swing it in you budget, get yourself a Mega+ unit. As far as what units to get and where to put them, it really depends on your style of fishing and what transducer you put on your trolling motor. I mounted a SI unit on my console and a DI on my bow. I have built in DI on my trolling motor so I needed the DI unit on the bow to use it. I can view SI on the bow unit from the transom mounted transducer as I have the two units networked. I walleye fish so I don’t have the need for SI transducer on my trolling motor in my opinion. I like to be able to use the SI to scout for structure and fish before putting the trolling motor down.

Totally Agree! Especially about the Mega+ I was surprised how much of a differece it made over the Mega for SI.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.