Lund 1775 Impact XS question.

• Brad Baker

Hi everyone. After selling my 1675 Crossover I ordered an Impact which I’ll pick up in a couple weeks.
    My Crossover had a 115 Pro XS on it and it did well. In Colorado I usually could run 40 WOT.
    The Impacts biggest engine is the 125. Obviously an odd engine. I again went with the 115 Pro XS since it was an awesome engine for me.
    I’m mildly concerned that is a bit underpowered and was hoping Lund would put a 150 on that thing.
    I’m looking for some real world experience with the 1775/115 combo as far as hole shot and top end speed.
    I’ll be running a 4 blade SS prop at 15 pitch.
    Thank you.

brad-o
    Mankato

awesome hole shot. I by myself load have topped out at 43. Never felt underpowered.

Brad Baker

Thanks for the reply. That’s good to hear.

Deuces

Altitude may change things but I agree with Brad, the combo is a great one. Ran my stepdads often for the last few years. His gets around the same, his has touched 44-45 but he doesnt have much stuff in his.

Brad Baker

Altitude may change things but I agree with Brad, the combo is a great one. Ran my stepdads often for the last few years. His gets around the same, his has touched 44-45 but he doesnt have much stuff in his.

I’m usually on a reservoir that sits around 5000 feet. Roughly an 18 percent loss in power. When I go up to 9000 to fish large trout it’s a massive drain. All I can do is mess with props.

Umy
    South Metro

Mine is a 2019 Impact 1775
    115 Four stroke ( non XS)
    I run a Mercury Spitfire 13×17
    4 Blade prop on mine.
    Top speed on a glass lake just me, 40 mph
    When I Canada, fully loaded two guys and 4 days worth of food and gear 37-38 no problem. GREAT hole shot.
    Sips gas and smooth and quiet as hell.

Umy
    South Metro

I’m in Minnesota. Not sure if the altitude but not that high…

Brad Baker

I’m in Minnesota. Not sure if the altitude but not that high…

I appreciate the feedback. I’m a Minnesota native. I miss the water.

z-man
    Dousman, WI

My 2019 1775 Impact with 115 VMax Sho tops out at 44 mph solo with 20 or so gallons gas, with an 18 pitch 3-blade aluminum prop. Keep in mind that the engine mounting height can have a big effect on performance, as well as the prop selection. You may want to get familiar with that aspect and talk to your dealer about the mounting height.

KPE
    River Falls, WI

MN elevation is about 825 ft above sea level.

I run a 2018 1775 Impact XS
    4 blade stainless turning point prop, 13.25 x 17
    Solo, full tank (26 gal), 6 pack and fishing gear I top out at 45 mph. Holeshot is phenomenal.
    3 adults, gear, and beer topping out at 42.
    Holeshot is wonderful. love this boat, prop and motor. Keep an eye on water in your oil, I had an issue with my base gasket that merc covered fully under warranty. This wasn’t a trolling issue, it was a bad gasket and from what I hear not very common. Still love the motor.

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Happen to have the model # on this prop as they sell a few different lines with this spec?

4 blade stainless turning point prop, 13.25 x 17

KPE
    River Falls, WI

Crappie it’s the turning point express mach 4 swept cleaver. I really love the control, I can turn corners running near WOT without blowing out. The price tag is also much nicer than merc’s stainless spitfire series which would be what I would use if not for this. I run aluminum spitfire as my backup which performs nearly as well in holeshot and top speed but does tend to blow out when cornering.

Brad Baker

Boat delivered!

Attachments:
    1. C8A2A599-9083-4902-BE86-9B6E1A6F3BDF-scaled.jpeg

Houdini

Boat delivered!

Congrats, nice boat! I have a 2016 Impact sport 1775. I am really interested on how your bow travel cover is attached along with the Lund travel cover. Is that a new option that Lund offers? Does it attach in the outer track the same as the travel cover or does it require adding snaps to hold it on? Would like to have that on mine as extra protection from rocks.

John

Brad Baker

Thanks John. I really like the layout of this boat. There’s a few minor issues that I have to bring it back for that should have been caught before delivery. One LED strip doesn’t work along with a few other items.

The bow rock guard seems really well designed. Fairly heavy duty and is on/off in 5 minutes. The Bow rock guard have snaps that attach inside the outer track. They do not interfere with the factory travel cover. The travel cover can be put inside the track and then the bow rock guard brought up to the snaps.
    I was touching up to many rock chips that I thought the rock guard would be a good value.

Houdini

Thanks John. I really like the layout of this boat. There’s a few minor issues that I have to bring it back for that should have been caught before delivery. One LED strip doesn’t work along with a few other items.

The bow rock guard seems really well designed. Fairly heavy duty and is on/off in 5 minutes. The Bow rock guard have snaps that attach inside the outer track. They do not interfere with the factory travel cover. The travel cover can be put inside the track and then the bow rock guard brought up to the snaps.
    I was touching up to many rock chips that I thought the rock guard would be a good value.

Brad, thanks for the info. Was the rock guard made by Lund or was it custom made? This is the first solution I’ve seen for a bow guard that fits on the boat and works with the travel cover. I know there are many trailer addons on for rock protection, but I really like this version.

John

Umy
    South Metro

Nice ride!!!!

Brad Baker

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Brad Baker wrote:</div>

Brad, thanks for the info. Was the rock guard made by Lund or was it custom made? This is the first solution I’ve seen for a bow guard that fits on the boat and works with the travel cover. I know there are many trailer addons on for rock protection, but I really like this version.

John

John, it is a Lund product. I ordered it right off the Lund build. I want to say it was 500. You can build an impact on their site and it will tell you the price. I’m sure your dealer can set you up as well.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.