Lund 1700 Angler SS holds water in hull?

• carnivore
    Dubuque, Iowa

For some reason I cannot totally drain the boat without raising the front end 6″ to a foot higher than the trailer jack will raise it. You would not know there was water in it normally because nothing comes out of the plug under normal circumstances. I was working on the trailer and jacked the boat front end up off the rollers and had water drain from the plug. I’m not concerned about the amount of water. I’m pretty sure some splashes or leaks from the livewell, I’ve been rained on and I speared a wave recently. Has anyone else encountered this and found the problem or a solution? I believe the obstruction is located in the forward 1/2 to 1/3 of the boat.

Chuck Melcher
    SE Wisconsin, Racine County

I have a Lund Fisherman… when I wash it or get in the rain, I always back it into a ditch or down a hill to get the last water out of it. Never thought of it as uncommon as the front third of the boat is lower than the back on a trailer.

carnivore
    Dubuque, Iowa

On further review, with the trailer jack fully raised the floor of the boat and the keel are basically level even though the front of the trailer and gunnels are raised. Looks like I will have to pull the plug on the ramp incline instead of up top in the parking area. First boat I’ve had that won’t drain most of the hull with the trailer jack maxed up. Looks like combination of boat design and trailer set up. Thanks for the reply Chuck.

DonG

When ever I have an inclination of any water in the boat after a days fishing I’ll pull the plug at the ramp and drain it all the way. When I get it home I jack it up on a 6×6 block so as to lift the bow up and keep it drained. Usually the trailer jack will not get it quite high enough to drain it. Any water thats in my boat comes in the form of rain or me rinsing the deck. Thru the good weather I keep it outside but dbl cover it to keep it protected and dry.

steve-o
    Des Moines, IA

In Iowa you are suppose to pull the drain plug when leaving the water. I pull mine at the ramp and the incline usually drains any water out. If that doesn’t do the trick the ride home usually gets the rest out.

eyekatcher
    Lakeville, MN

Don,
    Whenever I tried to double cover a boat,
    it always accumulated mildew between the covers.

DonG

Eyekatcher, Seems to be working for me. The travel cover then a 24×12 plastic tarp. The reason I d this is to keep the bird stuff off and usually the rain enters the front on the bow where it snaps across and gets my storage area all wet.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.