522c ? & HDS Unit ?

• jvogt80

Do the new HDS units and the 522C’s use the same power & transducer cables or are the connectors different?

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

Same.

walleyeben
    Albertville,MN

should yep, but if your gonna hook up the 522 with the hds cord to save wiring time it wont work,as the antenna for the 522 need power, I think, thats how it worked on my 27, and yes the ducer is the same.

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

522 has an internal antenna and not the puck the HD has. so you will need to run power to the puck and the puck has a wire that will run the the HD unit. Remember to wire a switch into the line feeding the power to the puck otherwise over long periods of time it will drain the battery as it will not shut off on its own when the HD unit is turned off.

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

The HDS units have internal antennas with the option to hook up an external antenna.

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

damn, sucks being wrong. any idea why internal was stock. to me its one more thing to fail that cant be easily solved??? any thoughts Dan? ive seen your knowlege with many Lowrance questions, do you sell them?
    ps im not being a smart [censored].

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Dan’s right. All the HDS units come with an internal antenna, and the option to add the external LGC-4000 GPS module. The LGC-4000 is an upgrade over previous GPS modules, and over the internal antenna. It updates at an incredible rate. It’s nice, but not a necessary component of the HDS units. As long as the unit has a clear line to the sky to receive GPS satellite signals, the internal antenna will work just fine.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.