Broadband sounder

• fireman731
    Miles, Iowa

I have 4 pre HDS sonar/gps displays in my boat all have the ethernet connection and are connected to a hub. I have 2 units with transducers and need to select which I pull signal from on the other 2 units. I am thinking about a broadband sounder unit so I can just get my signal thru the ethernet cable. Anyone out there running this unit and does it make a big difference in signal ?

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

I have an HDS-8 in my boat along with a 112c that is running a standard ‘ducer (not broadband) and I can say, without a doubt, that the broadband unit does provide a clearer more usable image along with a huge improvement in the ability to gauge bottom composition.

t-ellis
    Colorado Springs, CO

I have a broadband sounder in my boat and it definitely cleans up the image and I would recommend it. Make sure to run the latest download update from the Lowrance support as it helps clear up some of the very shallow reading problems they had earlier. Mine also reads the bottom at 60 mph and can scout at 10-15 mph searching out baitfish pods on Mille Lacs. I can actually see walleye “arches” inside some of the ball of baitfish feeding and the bottom resolution is improved dramatically.

JohnHaack
    Omaha, Ne

I added the broadband sounder this year to my setup and like it alot. I figured if they were going to put it in the new units why not add it to my current units, figured it was cheaper than buying all new units.

John

fireman731
    Miles, Iowa

Will a new HDS units broadcast the broadband sonar signal thru the ethernet cable to my older units so they can have the better signal?

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

Yes it will but you’ll be limited to using the transducer

that is connected to the HDS unit.

I have a stand alone BBS and have transducer extension cables running from the bow to console and the stern to console to utilize the broadband at those locations.

I can then share the sonar picture I’m receiving at those locations to the other units through the ethernetwork.

I have an HDS-7 at the console that gets it’s reading through the stand alone BBS as well.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.