HDS 8

• mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

So I’ve bought the head and transducer still in the box… I want to add the down and side scan package, what next??? Also I understand that there is a rebate going on right now, will this be available with what I am trying to do??? Asking for a friend (although I may be upgrading), thank you in advance!!!

Mark

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Gen 1 or 2?

mike-west
    Amery, WI

To add Structure scan to and HDS 8 you need either the LLS-1 or LLS-2 (Latest version). The LLS consists of a structure scan transducer which goes to a box which is then ethernetted upto 3 more head units.

The new HDS Touch (at least the HDS12) has the box built in so all you need is the transducer.
    I beleive most untis will be touch next year and may have this added feature.

Right now Lowrance does have rebates going.
    If you were to buy the HDS 8 GEN 2 + Structure scan bundle, you’d be eligable for a $300.00 rebate. The bundle runs about $599.00 retail (I beleive)

Hope this helps

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

BK – Good Question, I’ll ask

Mike West – Seems like a lot of the stuff that he said to me is similar to what you just quoted… Need to find out if he went with Gen 2…

Thanks guys!!!

Mark

out_fishing
    Moorhead, MN

Like Mike said $300 rebate if you add the LSS2 structure scan. Looks like you would have needed to buy both between March 7th and June 15th. Not sure when you got your 8?

Heres the link to the different Lowrance Rebates and Specials.

http://www.lowrance.com/en-us/special-offers/

I would assume it would be cheaper to get the Gen2+Structurescan bundle because you get a $300 rebate on that as well. I think its cheaper buying the bundle vs hds + LSS2. Might something else to look into if its new in the box still maybe returning it…

djsmarine
    Georgia

Purchasing an HDS-Bundle retail, saves you $200 from buying the GEN2 HDS and an LSS-2 structure scan. Then you can add the $300 bundle mail in rebate as a bonus; that way you save $500 instead of $300

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.