Elite 7HDI software update won’t install

• hookem
    Hastings,Minn.

Bought a new Elite 7HDI. Downloaded the software to a new 2 MB microchip, put in card slot, powered up the unit and it will not run the update. Can see the upgrade on the chip when I put it in the computer, see it when it is in the Elite 7 but it will not install. Help.

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

Did you extract the file from the zipped folder?

hookem
    Hastings,Minn.

no. do I need to do that on the computer?

poomunk
    Galesville, Wisconsin

Yes, had a heck of a time updating dads hds till I figured out it had to be extracted

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

That issue seems to be posted about every month or two. Don’t feel bad for not getting it to install. Maybe feel bad for not seeing one of the many posts about it.

In all honesty, the issue is dependent on the browser you use. Some download it as a zipped file and it needs to be extracted and some extract it automatically. You should always download the files onto your hard drive and then check to see if the .upd (I think that is the extension anyway) file is there. If not, needs to be extracted. Then just copy the .upd file to your SD card.

fieds
    ottertail county

back up your waypoints!(B-4 UPDATING!)

oops, it’s a new one

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

Quote:

back up your waypoints!(B-4 UPDATING!)

Never hurts but probably not necessary. I’ve never had an update delete waypoints.

fieds
    ottertail county

thats what i was told,,,, wiped out a years worth of work in 30 seconds. turned on after updating and BAM! looks like i got it right from the factory.

hookem
    Hastings,Minn.

was able to unzip the download and put it on a chip at work on Windows 7. Installed it tonight without a hitch. As someone above said unzipped it is a .upd file extension.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.