Lowrance SonicHub question

• kroger3
    blaine mn

Installed this into my boat this spring, works and sounds awesome but is there a way to actually turn it off? I know you can mute it but you are still powering the unit and if you kill the power to the unit it keeps scrolling “initializing sonichub” on the bottom of the screen. Seems like there should just me an “off” option somewhere in a menu but can not find anything.

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

No way to shut it off other than installing a switch in the yellow wire circuit.

kroger3
    blaine mn

Quote:

No way to shut it off other than installing a switch in the yellow wire circuit.

Will it still keep displaying “initializing sonichub” if I only kill the power on the yellow wire? I just tried pulling the fuse and was getting that message.

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

I just sold my boat so I can’t confirm. Is your antenna module on or off?

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

Found this in the manual tonight.

“Enabling Audio”

“You must enable Audio on your display unit’s settings menu to control audio playback with your unit.
    The media bar panel will not be visible until audio has been
    enabled.”

Does the SonicHub charge the Ipod? Will my Ipod work in the SonicHub if it needs a charge?

kroger3
    blaine mn

yeah I found the menu that gives you the option the turn audio on or off.

Yes it will charge your ipod. But for some reason when I run both graphs with my ipod running at times my ipod will lock up and i need to unplug the ipod and let it run the ipod battery dead to get it to reset…

I have now uploaded all my music to a flash drive and run on that which works good but do not get the menus on the HDS unit like you do with an ipod to look through your music.

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

Thanks for the reply. I have never had the lock up issue with my 80GB classic. What are you using?

white80a

Does it have regular tuner on it or do you always have to play your music? How user friendly is it going to be with a hds7 since it don’t have the soft keys on the bottom of the screen?

kroger3
    blaine mn

I use the Nano with the screen. Yes it has a normal AM/FM providing you have and antenna and also can use an IPOD or Flash drive. I use it with HDS 7’s and it just gives you a small bar along the bottom that you just page to to highlight and use. zoom in and zoom out are the volume and cursor left and right is change songs or tuner. depending on what you are using for music source you get different menus to look through your music. With an IPOD you basically get the IPOD menus on your HDS unit.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.