Structure Scan Mounting

• ironheadr5
    Northeast, Iowa

How many guys actually use there Structure Scan while they are on Plane, and does it really work at those speeds ??? I am getting ready to put mine on and am undecided as to where to mount it, Transom or on the Step ?? It seems like there would be alot less chance of it getting hit on the step. Feel free to chime in as I am still getting up the nerve to drill my first hole in the Ranger !!! I guess it had to happen sometime.

bassn7
    Bruce,WI

I don’t even try to use at a high speed your display will be too compressed to view any detail at higher speeds ,I mounted mine under jack plate to pertect it. Here’s a couple of pics
    Stan

jd318
    NE Nebraska

I mounted mine low enough that it does read on plane. I was somewhat concerned about it getting hit, but I wanted to make sure I was able to read the bottom with the regular transducer while on plane (the previous install of the transducer did not allow that). I also thought it would be best to have the SS transducer slightly lower than the regular transducer to eliminate the possibility of the regular trans getting in the way. The result is that I get SS readings when going 35 mph. If the transducer gets hit, perhaps I will rethink the location, but until then…

ironheadr5
    Northeast, Iowa

Thanks for the info Guys, I am working on a bracket to mount it too. I will take pics when i am done..

ironheadr5
    Northeast, Iowa

Here are a couple of pictures of how I mounted my Structure Scan. The plate is bolted using the motor mounting bolts.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.