Sirius Weather

• ironheadr5
    Northeast, Iowa

I am thinking of getting the Lowrance LWX-1 so I can get Sirius weather in the boat. Just wondering what peoples likes – dislikes are and a ballpark figure of the cost of the subscription. Looks like it would be real nice to have as I do not have a smart phone.

Thanks guys

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I have to dig through my posts in this forum.

If you do decide to order SW, you’ll need to call the Marine and Avionics division. If you don’t, you might end up with a new stereo shipped to your house. LOL!

I have a smart phone, but only check the weather when I see something coming. One of the best features is the warning alarms for storms and lightening.

I can say the SW has kept me out of trouble a number of times and it’s also allowed me to stay out with clients when I normally would have come in by watching the radar.

As far as recommending it? I’m not sure. For someone that’s out a lot or guiding? Whole heartedly yes. No cell signal needed and the alarm is always on and paying attention when I’m not.

The once a month fisherman? That $250.00 antenna makes me swallow hard. It’s even harder if the angler has a smart phone.

I’ll see if I can find some of the treads and link them here.

ironheadr5
    Northeast, Iowa

Thanks BK I will remember that if I call them..

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.