Structure Scan

• ironheadr5
    Northeast, Iowa

Gents, I am looking at getting a structure scan for my HDS7. As far as mounting the transducer has anyone used the shoot-thru the hull transducer and how does it work? I am haveing a hard time decideing which way to go. I guess you could say that I am hesitant to drill any holes in my Ranger. If I go with the regular transducer setup, what are your thoughts on where to mount it ??? Bottom, top setback or jackplate ??? Thanks for the help guys, this site is the greatest !!!

KirtH
    Lakeville

They don’t technically make a shoot thru the hull LSS Transducer due to the way this transducer works, you will have to mount it externally, the 2D transducer can be mounted shoot thru

What Ranger do you have? Allot of people mount it on the step.

mojogunter

You will lose your sonar when you get up on plane, because it will come out of the water. I am guessing that lowrance has the same setup as humminbird to run two transducers. One is the structure scan mounted outside, and the other you shoot through the hull for normal sonar. That way it will still work while on plane.

ottomatica
    Lino Lakes, MN

They might make one that get’s mounted through the hull, i.e. the transducer is on the bottom of the boat but you don’t want that kind, get’s damaged too easily.

bassn7
    Bruce,WI

Here’s the LSS transducer it has 3 crystals so it needs to have a open view left&right to show sideways and down.Here’s a couple of pictures of my mounting I built a bracket that I mounted to my jack plate to mount LSS transducer without drilling into my boat. I hope this helps.
    Stan

jig_n_pig
    Balsam Lake Wisc.

The LSS-1 Transducer is not like the puck or the skimmer.It needs to be mounted externally. Either on the transom, jackplate, or trolling motor. It should be used at a speed of 1 to 6 MPH for the best side imaging readings. There are special brackets made to attach it to the jackplate or trolling motor. with them you won’t have to drill holes in the boat itself. Completely your choice. Check out this link for the Transducer Shield. http://www.transducershieldandsaver.com/home/transducers

Good Luck

ironheadr5
    Northeast, Iowa

Thanks for the updates Guys, Moreeyes I have a Angler 1860. You can always get the anwser here. I like the idea of mounting a bracket to mount the LSS transducer too.

fishim
    Minnesota

I have had good luck using the backet (LSS-1 SKIMMER MNT XDCR BRKT) I am able to read downscan till I get into the high 50 mph range. I have mine mounted (Ranger 620) on the bottom pad just like you would mount any other transducer. You need to stay away from anything that is going to create a disturbance in the water to get the best readings at high speeds.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.