Lowrance Advantage Service

• skeeter20
    Winnie/Grand Rapids,MN

For everyone who has had a bad taste in their mouth about Lowrance service this might change things. I for one have never had to deal with service as my units have always worked but this is good news. Nice to see they are standing behind their product.

http://www.lowrance.com/en/Support/Advantage-Service/

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

I’m with you, in the 10+ Lowrance units I’ve had over the years, I’ve never had to use the customer service. I heard they hired 20 some customer service people a few years ago and I haven’t heard a bad word since. They have definitely been making an effort to remain the best selling unit on the market.

Paulski
    “Ever Wonder Why There Are No Democrats On Mount Rushmore ? "

So is this for anything purchased going forward, or also for products purchased in the past ? I do not see an effective date on the link to Lowrance.

As I just took advantage of the sale at Cabela’s, I am just wondering.

Thanks.

scoobymac

Hello Paulski
    This program is for products that are up to 5 years old so if you already have a product and it is outside is warranty period and it goes faulty within the 5 years (So between years 3 and 5 as the first two years the item is under its warranty period) since you have purchased the unit then this Advantage service program will be used, Lowrance go by the serial number this tells them when the unit was made you will need to in some cases provide proof of purchase so keep hold of your receipts.
    Should your unit go wrong in the warranty period the first two years and that particular model is not available anymore due to the model going end of life you will be upgraded to the nearest equivalent model that you had already brought free of charge but also you will have an option to be upgraded to a higher specification machine so let’s say you had an LMS520 Combi it went wrong under the new programme and it was under warranty then you would receive a free replacement unit which would be the HDS5 Combi but also you should be given an option to go up to a larger model say the HDS7 or the HDS 8 at a greatly reduce price.
    If the unit goes wrong between years 3 and 5 and it cannot be fixed then using the Lowrance Advantage service program the customer will be offered the nearest model of unit to the one returned faulty at a greater reduce price, but again the customer will also have the chance to upgrade to a different model of unit.
    Hope this helps
    Scoobymac

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

Wonder if they’d replace the three transducers that I had that went bad from 2007-08, considering that they admitted they had problems with them?

Been nice if they had kept their service at a acceptible level, then they wouldn’t have had to do all this.

Al

Paulski

FYI Fellas,

Make sure to check when your retailer purchased the unit from Lowrance, as your warranty regarding the first two years does not start when you purchase the unit, it starts when the retailer purchases the unit from Lowrance.

Just a heads up so you do not freak out when you register you unit with them and your 2 year initial warranty is not really a 2 year initial warranty…

Paulski

Quick update on this.

I spoke to Lowrance, (90 seeconds to pick up for anyone keeping track) and they indicated that the original 2 year warraanty is from the purchase date you purchase from a dealor, not when the dealor originally recieved from Lowrance.

When you look online, it could very well show after you register that the warranty is not 2 full years like mine.

So make sure you keep your reciepts…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.