LOWRANCE HDS7

• olelonely

My LCX-28 died of natural causes and it was replaced (with me making a generous gratuity) by a HDS7. Has anyone had any issues with this new unit yet? Heading to LOTW (Oak Island) Labor day and hope to have it dialed in by then. Thanks everyone.

dugout
    Dubuque Ia

If you just bought it, chances are it has the latest update, If not, you will want to do it. It improves picking up satelite, and also lets you split the screen 3 ways. You will like it.

magnum165
    Baldwin, WI

The only issues I have had was the GPS wouldn’t lock on once I installed my structure scan. If you plan on using the internal antenna the structure scan module can’t be located right next to your HDS unit.

jig_n_pig
    Balsam Lake Wisc.

I just purchased an HDS-7 from Wade last week and tonight I uploaded the latest update 4.0.36.59b into the unit. It was new but still needed to have latest update installed. My HDS unit works great.
    I have the transducer for the HDS installed inside the bilge and the transducer for the LSS-1 installed below my jackplate in the middle of the boat. Sonar and downscan images are nearly identical . Works great like this. Can’t use sidescan or downscan over 35 mph anyway so if the transducer comes out of the water at higher speeds, it prohibits unwanted spray from the back of the boat.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.