HDS 7 problems

• brant_gilmore
    New Providence,Ia

Just got to Canada and put boat in, turned it on,accepted the terms and the screen went blank( lit a dull blue) and non-responsive. I tried a hard and soft reset… didn’t work. I plugged it back in 7 hours later and it started working for about 10 minutes then the screen went blank again.
    Anybody have this happen to them? Any suggestions other then I’m callind lowrance tomorrow.

KirtH
    Lakeville

I would look at a voltage issue, bad connection, low battery charge. Do you have some sort of volt meter to check voltage at the plug

scoobymac

Hello Brant sorry to hear about your problems with the Lowrance HDS-7 the first thing i would do is try to update the unit with the latest version of software available from the Lowrance website which is V4.0 after you have performed this task should the unit still not work proberly then you should contact your Lowrance supplier,How old is your unit is it still under the warranty.

brant_gilmore
    New Providence,Ia

Well , I’ve checked the voltage, it was o.k. and took unit and hooked it up to my brother-in-law’s boat and still nothing. My unit is only 5 months old, so I’ll have to call Lowrance when I get home. Thanks you guys for your suggestions.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.