Structure Scan

• ironheadr5
    Northeast, Iowa

Has anyone installed a Structure scan to an existing HDS ? Did the ethernet cable come with it or do you need to order seperate ? How do you like it also.

Thanks, Mike

bassn7
    Bruce,WI

the eathernet cable came with the ss you hook up the powere to the ss and hook up the yellow wires fromHDS7 to the SS then the ss starts and stops when you start the HDS7,the ss is real nice but I don’t know that it has made me any money fishn tournements yet. Stan

guthook1
    Lake Nebagamon Wisconsin

Had mine professionaly installed/attached to my HDS8 – they added a on/off switch for the LSS-1 transducer…..thought they screwed up the install…until I remembered that you gotta turn on the switch to make the down/side scan work. Since then I purchased a HDS 7 for the bow and hooked it up to D/S with an extra ethernet cable.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

I hooked up my SS myself with the seperate on/off switch and I love it… I have spent hours searching and recording structure under the water that I never new was there… I have caught fish on about 25% of the structure I marked… but I think at different times of the year each area will have their own time..

Great investment IMO !!

ironheadr5
    Northeast, Iowa

Ecnook

Is that a Ranger in you profile pic and if so did you mount the SS transduced on the rear step without the bracket ?? Did you run the wire up the back then ??

Mike

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

I mounted it to the recess under the motor where the live well pickups.. are located… then I zip tied the cable to the motor mounts and fished it thru the boot and on thru the boat..

ironheadr5
    Northeast, Iowa

So it is always in the water, even when you are on plane ??

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

No it’s not… the time I get on plane that little step is out of the water

ironheadr5
    Northeast, Iowa

So you mounted it directly to the boat, and did not use the bracket that comes with it. Then you had to turn on the Flip left/right feature.

I think that is how I will mount mine.

Thanks

Ken Sauret
    Paso Robles, California

Another option to wiring the Structure Scan. The Structure Scan doesn’t have it’s own power switch so you can wire it to a separate switch or you can use the yellow wire in the power cable for the Structure Scan and connect it to the yellow wire in the power cable to your HDS unit. When these two yellow wires are connected the power button for the HDS unit is the power switch to the Structure Scan too. If the HDS unit is off then the Structure Scan is off. It it’s on, they’re both on.

This just eliminates the need for a separate switch and having to remember to turn it on too. You will still need to connect the hot and ground wires separately.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Quote:

So you mounted it directly to the boat, and did not use the bracket that comes with it. Then you had to turn on the Flip left/right feature.

I think that is how I will mount mine.

Thanks

eggzackly !!!

Works real slick !!

Yamaha1

I am mounting the hds7 with structure scan and side scan and cannot get the structure scan or side scan to come up. What do you hook the data cable wires to?

KirtH
    Lakeville

I I assume you have the ethernet cables installed between the units? Also do you have power on the LSS? Are the lights on the LSS on? Do you have the yellow wake up wire hooked up correctly?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.