Lowrance Ti2 issue with tracks

• Greg Perz

Has anyone had an issue with a Lowrance Ti2 keeping your tracks? My unit will keep the tracks for what seems like 36-48 hours (haven’t been able to pin it down exactly) and then they start disappearing. I recently updated to the new software version and that did not fix the issues. It’s not that big of a deal on lakes that I am familiar with, but it would have been nice to keep the tracks on LOTW that avoided the shallow rocks.

Any info helps.

mbenson
    Minocqua, WI

I know I’m a bit wierd, but having firends with thehsame issue with their birds… I always carry a card to save my stuff, nameing each trail, by this method: “LakeX.7.31.19 WNW 25 78*WT”. So after each day I stop the history and name each one, then start a new trail each day.

In the old days I could only use the lake and date and I tried to figure out what I was doing by where the track was, but with the ability for extra chaaracters in the title/naming area, I added the wind and water temp info as well.

I think it has something to do with how many pixels it will add to the memory and so the designers give a track so many pixels (and more pixels are added faster these days) , then it starts to delete from the beginning side of the track.

Mark

Matt M
    Blaine, MN

I had the same problem with an older lowrance unit a few years back. My starting battery was in need of replacement and I would loose my tracks. That’s the only thing I could think of. When I replaced my starting battery (which the graph was hooked up to ) the problem went away. Dont know if that could be the case with yours, just figured I would throw it out there.

Matt

RVRDUX
    Dakota, MN

It could be that your trails are too big and the oldest data is getting erased. Here is the spec for the Ti2

100 Trails with up to 10,000 points per trail

What you can do is just start a new trail if the current one is to large.

Thanks,
    RVRDUX

I would make sure you dont have over 100 trails such as river dux mentioned; samething will happen to other brands; if you leave your tracks on everytime, it doesnt take long to add up

Greg Perz

I don’t have any trails… they have been disappearing since I got the unit. I transferred my waypoints from my old boat but don’t think that would cause the issue.

Also, my starting battery was just replace the week before opener.

I’m going to call Lowrance to see if they can help (not holding my breath).

Thanks for all the info.

RVRDUX
    Dakota, MN

It is doing what you explained in regards to your pixel comment only it is memory related. Once your displayed trail reaches 10000 points it starts to delete that trail from the beginning. So what you need to do is create a new trail. You still have the option to display old trails or turn them off so they don’t display.

Now if you are saying the whole trail is disappearing than I am not sure what is going on.

Thanks,
    RVRDUX

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.